Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,538 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

I am sooo MAD!

18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle - Yup,hell week... Alot comes up in this week, and it does get better...Just hang tight, and come here amd vent when you need to. Congrats - tough day and no smoking - good for you, dear one! Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 726 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have not smoked for 4 Days and 56 seconds and have left 80 cigarettes unlit. Ok I just got back from the worst walk of my entire life! I thought oh it's such a nice day. I should get out the kids bikes, leash up the dog and take a nice walk around the block. WRONG! I get not half way around and the neighbors have got a St. Bernard, black lab, and a mut barking their heads off at us from their deck! Then the next house is some German shepard mut cross something barking it's head off at us all the way around the corner! Why don't people teach their dogs manners anymore? I yelled at them to shut the Hell up! and at the shepards place the guy on the deck says "Hey don't yell at my dog" I said "teach it some manners. Maybe you should yell at it!" Then around the next corner some old fat border collie comes running up baring it's teeth and nipped at one of my daughters pants leg! I yell at it, beat it with the leash and it keeps coming back! So I sic my dog on it to keep it away from the kids. My daughter is screaming and the dog keeps trying to go after her. The owner comes up and says "She won't hurt you" I said "Well she bit her pant leg and won't quit chasing her" The owner says "Well come to my house and..." I am so pissed at this point I cut her off and yell "I'm not gonna do nothing about it...just take the damn dog home!" Doesn't anyone understand what a leash is either? I HATE LIVING IN TOWN!!!! I HATE NEIGHBORS AND THEIR ILL MANNERED UNTRAINED MUTTS!!!!!! I am so mad right now I just want to smoke like a whole pack of cigarettes. Is there anyone out there that can talk me down?
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tennielle, I'm proud of you for making it through that without a smoke and for not smoking for 4 whole days!!!! WOW! Dealing with all of THAT during HELL week?!?!?! That's quite impressive! Be proud of yourself! Crave the Quit! Pam p.s. I'm on chat if you need to talk to someone. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 147 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,695 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $485.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG, Katy just gave me a h**l of a visual, LOL! There you are, Tennielle, dog leash tied to your belt to free your hands because you have a water cannon filled with ammonia in each. Striding through a neighborhood surrounded by snarling, snapping, barking dogs of all breeds. Blasting away, clearing a path, giving out a very Rambo-like yell. Frightened neighbors peering out through the curtains. Your dog strutting beside you looking very smug. I love it!!!! Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 307 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1166.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back, Tennielle. A water pistol filled with ammonia will help a lot if a dog approaches you. Usually just squirting the dog on the end of its nose will stop it. The guy on the deck who didn't like you yelling at his dog? His dog was yelling at you. So many dog owners are so irresponsible they shouldn't be allowed to have a dog. Congratulations on 4 (now 5) days smoke free. Glad to see you back. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 306 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1162.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 832 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW you did have a day of it. You are in hell week and the nicotine is just about worked its way out of your system however you are still in the "going through hell" process. That explains why you are so pissed off, not necessarly at any one thing. Murphys law generally applies during this stage of the quit. A month from now you will be able to,in a very calm matter,drop kick those muts into the next county and smile at your neighbors. Be patient with your self, it is ok to get pissed off if that is what it takes, just don't give in and light up a smoke. Next week will be easier and each and every week will get more manageable. The great thing about this site is that you can come here and scream your head off and everyone just listens and offers to help where they can. We have all been there :) I hope to see more of you and congratulations on your 4 days quit and the decision to beat this terrible addiction. Kindest to you Duffis duffis's Quit Stats Since Sunday, February 13, 2005, I've been smoke-free for: 1 Year(s), 39 Days, 19 Hours, 9 Minutes, 52 Seconds. I have saved $1,696.80 by not smoking 12144 cigarettes. By not smoking I have added 87 Days, 16 Hours, 39 Minutes, 17 seconds. to my life expectancy.
  • Quit Meter

$283,856.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6812 Hours: 15

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
personally, I think you should take a walk without the dog....(I know the neighbors are wrong, but you need a nice, quiet, settling reward).....when you are about a month into this quitting business...slip on you knee high boots, load the guns(ammonia of course)...leash up the dog and give the neighborhood hell LOL Perhaps you should write all this down into a very humorous story and submit it to a magazine.....I know it's irritating as can be, but see the humor that is here??? ;p katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1542 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 61,693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8481 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 201 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$158,959.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5343 Hours: 6

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TEN, Look at what you have accomplished! 4 days is awesome :) take some you time and really relax! Exercise, stretches and a long hot shower can relieve the excess stress you are feeling. Remember, this is normal and will pass. Its ok to let those feeling out! if these people were your friends then they will understand what you are going through. Its all about you right now, so take that time that is needed! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: