Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

IT WOKE ME UP IN HTE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT !!

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chris, Cute post!! It's amazing the senses we get back when we quit smoking. Keep up the great work, Melanie __________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am on day 3 today, it is rough been inhaling drinking straws. But to get to the suject of smelling smoke..I had that happen yesterdy when I got inmy car in a parking lot it smelled like cigarettes. I never smoked in the car as I don't have an ashtray. Also was wondering do the cravings last for a year? I see some of you guys who post quit a year ago or are you just here to give us new ones support?
18 years ago 0 562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for all the good advice. Now I'm getting addicted to this board. I come here when the craving comes on. I really thought the "fart thread was hilarious. I have that too the SBD kind (silent but deadly)Day 4 tomorrow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 77 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chris, This is my fourth day of not smoking. This not smoking is really effecting me. I had a dream last night that I had started up again. I awoke this morning and was looking for my cigarettes when I realized it was just a dream. Really Wierd. Chico
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is the weirdest thing yet ! I was awakened from a deep sleep at 3:30 am by the smell of what seemed like a dirty ashtray near my bed. I began sniffing around the house (like a hound dog..) looking for the culprit. I was sure someone was in holed up in the corner of the house smoking. The smell was everywhere.. I couldn't figure it out. I went to my 19 year old son's room (I was having bad thoughts.. even though he had never smoked) and found him asleep. The last place left was an outside bathroom that we have (hard to explain this)due to the ongoing construction to out home. It is currently only accesible from the outside of the house.. I was sure it had to be some stranger huddled out there (we live in the country) getting warm or something. I woke my son and asked him if he could smell the smoke.. He woke up suprised and at first was agreeing.. yea.. he could smell it (I felt better for a moment.. I wasn't just a new crazy non-smoker). Then as he started to get up.. he said.. Mom.. go back to bed.. I looked at him and he said... it is a skunk.. a far off skunk but.. a skunk none the less. He was right.. it was the faint smell of a skunk passing by I guess.. My son then said.. so you thought I was hitting the bonk huh Mom ?? I said yea sure.. you know I threw it out last month.. lol My nose is working again and maybe over working!!!!! Not smoking is just so full of suprises !! ;) :) Knight Christine
18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It hasn't woke me up at night but I have smelled what smelled to me like cigarettes. My husband doesnt smoke and I haven't been. Wonder where its coming from? But I know I've smelled it before. *insert some Twilight Zone music in here*
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Chris, that was really weird to wake you up in the middle of the night like that. As I was reading this, it sparked my mind into realizing that I too, have had a similiar thing happen. Several times over the last few weeks I have smelt a burning smell throughout my house. It has happened at different times and in different rooms, but mostly when I am in bed reading. Like you, I HAVE to go and investigate. I was in a house fire years ago so I have a strong fear of my house burning down. (Very scary incident) Of course everything is always fine, but I wonder why this is happening. If anything I should be feeling more secure since I was the only dummy in the house smoking a possible incinduary device!! Oh well, we sure can be strange bunnies at times. lol. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/sign%20offs/nature-smiley-009.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $514.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
grandma, Congratulations on your decision to quit and welcome to the SSC. Craves DO NOT last forever. Many of us old timers like to help the newbies. However, as recovering nicotine addicts, ex-smokers will have "thoughts" every now and then about them forever. It only makes sense. The nicotine is forever embedded in your brain. The deal is that now I just let the little thought fade away and usually chuckle to myself as I watch it go. Remember that attitude plays a major role in your quit. The more positive and upbeat you are about your quit, the easier it will be. The more you dread it and the craves, the harder it will be. The mind controls it all and it will follow your attitude. Best wishes. [b][color=Purple]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 296 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,421 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $725.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$36,324.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9766 Hours: 4

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've often smelled cigarette smoke where there was none. Usually, after some "sniffing around", I've found it was some other odor that my brain was interpreting as cigarette smoke. Some of the culprits have been coffee, chlorine (in the pool), a steak cooking, burning solder flux (I'm in electronics), smog/air pollution, and various flowers. And sometimes I couldn't find any cause, it was just there in the back of my nose. It used to happen daily, but the frequency tapered off over the months. Now it's very infrequent and goes away when I realize it's happening. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 285 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,719 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1083 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have had a few nights when I wake up and smell cigarette smoke and no one in my house smokes, I thought I was losing my mind. Its nice to know I am not the only one. :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 318 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,367 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2385 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: