Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Will I must run out of tears eventually.

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
chicken, Take some time for yourself, unwind and relax. Do some meditation and try some relaxation techniques. Give yourself a "me" day were you do not have to worry about anyone, anything, only yourself. Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ChickenStix, I haven't quit yet but plan on 4/1/06 being my quit date. You are/were having the same symptoms that scare me most. How long did this emotional rollercoaster last for you?? I know eveyone is different but would appreciate any insight you have.
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well i am not sure i am the right perosn to be supporting you but here goes. If it is getting to hard withdraw on yourself and do what you are doing rely on you and know what is right for you. I told my wife and kids to leave me alone and support me when asked but that is it. In the end strenght comes from within not from without
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL ain't I the Queen of Drama!!! I'm joking. It was hard as hell and reading this post reminded me of that. The closer I got to 30 days the better I felt. I ain't gonna lie, those past 30 days was a b**ch but my heart just wants to burst with happiness that I was strong enough to overcome this. If you get the opportunity to read A New Day I posted a few days ago it might put things into perspective for you. It's the hardest thing I have ever done but I am so glad I did it. I feel like I have taken on a task that others only wish they could and am coming out on top. I am glad to see you set a date. Mine was a spur of the moment quit...the anticipation of quitting wouldve killed me before I even quit, I'm weird. The first 3 weeks were difficult. Not 24 hours a day difficult but difficult. There are some days when you feel great and just want to shout fromthe rooftops and then there are days you wish to SCREAM from the rooftops. Do both and enjoy both!!! Concentrate on your quit. Fight every urge to give in. Suffer through the hard times because like I have said a New Day is coming and you will feel better. I really just hang around here on this site and reply to other discussions....I don't really think I need to post right now...maybe my stats...but other then that I feel really good and you will too as long as you stick with it. Always keep in mind that if you lite one up after your quit date you will either smoke until you die or have to go through all those withdrawl symptoms again....not worth it....trust me!!! I'll be around if you need me. Good Luck! Remember: No Smoke, No Choke, No Croak!! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 316 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Nobody I talk to understands. I have slept and cried all day. I am so upset. I call my friends and they are supportive but they don't even begin to understand. My husband doesn't believe that it has become really this hard on my. I wish I had someone to talk to who understood how I felt when I was bawling, he thinks I am just over emotional but I can't quit and it's frustrating. I am so friggin exhausted and tore down that everything makes me cry. Things that shouldn't and I can't quit. I am so upset from crying 1/2 the day and sleeping the rest. I am just so sad. I need my spirits lifted! *sniff* I hope this goes the heck away. I am a basket case. An emotional train wreck. I just can't wait till this is over and I beat this thing! Even that right now doesn't make me feel better! :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 68 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
I hope that my husband doesn't feel replaced by the computer. In a couple weeks, when the worst of my withdrawl is over, he is quitting. He will then see just how helpful this place is. It has helped me keep strong through so many rough times. I sometimes feel like I am broken hearted or something I don't understand its a stupid cigarette. I appreciate all the support. You don't know how much help you have been. I wish I had someone on speed dial when I had a fit I could just call....that just won't happen....UUUHHHHhhhhhh.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ChickenStix, First off, Congrats on 6 days! That is a really long time to not smoke and just know that things are going to be okay. I quit about a week before you and I can tell you that week 2 for me is a heck of a lot better than week 1! So you have that to look forward to! I'm sorry if there is some negativity going on at home. It is so hard to quit, and you definitly don't need anyone being negative or hard on you right now. I was really really selfish my first week, I even took a day off work cause I was so tired. You are going to be tired and you do need to take care of yourself, especially the first week. I did have a little meltdown during week 2(cried and punched an innocent pillow because I couldn't smoke) but overall smoking is not the first thing on my mind. It definitely comes up in my mind but since getting through week one, I feel pretty strong about combating my cravings. My advice is (and you probably won't want to do it) to exercise. ALOT if you can. Not only is it okay if you are having a bad day to eat more, it is relaxing to take a peaceful run. I find that if I miss a day of working out, I am a seething emotional wreck. So for these first few weeks I am trying to work out at least 5 days a week to avoid weight gain and a meltdown. Just a suggestion, it has really helped me. Anyways, you take care of yourself and know we're all here for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chick, first of all give yourself a great big pat on the back for getting through what will by now be 8 days, that is some achievement and you should be very proud of yourself. The previous posts are spot on, when you need to speak to people who understand then you know where to come! I too have a non smoking family (ie never smoked) and although they are supportive they cannot understand exactly how I feel. What helps me is to keep as positive as I can about these symptoms and to believe that they will eventually go away. You have to otherwise it is just complete torture without the prospect of ever ending. I get great inspiration looking at posts from those long time quitters, try it because there are some really inspirational and comforting words. You can do this, we all can :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CS This too shall pass. i hated when someone would say that to me. I cried for a week. I couldn't understand it, finally my husband said to just let it flow and enjoy it. I thought he was as nuts as I was but he was right. Your body is going through some BIG major changes. You have 6 days behind you and that is great. You will go through many different changes some easy and some not. If it was going to be easy then we would not need each other as much as we do. I cried and I slept and I felt the depression take over. And even when I tried to talk with someone no matter what they said it didn't help. What has helped is reading over the post and pass post to find out there where and are so many who have also gone through what you are. It help me to know that I was not alone. Did it bring out the depression NO. I still go through my differnt stuff and when I'm in it I'm in it. I smoked over 30 years and I had to realize that the nicotine and toxins and all the bad stuff that I did to my body by choosing to smoke was going to take it's toll on me getting out of me. But getting over to the over side of it is great. If you want you can e-mail me and I can call you and you can cry and yell and what ever you need to do. I have been there and I will be there if you need someone to talk to. Laurieg77@aol.com [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 818 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ChickenStix- This sounds the second week of my quit. OMG :gasp: I was so SAD!!!! I cried-I slept-I cried some more. The thought I tried to hang on to was--I dont want to do anything again that controls me like this. It gets better if you hang in there but if you give up the next time you quit you will have to live through it again. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,228 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $265 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: