Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

STRANGEST THING.. I ENCOUNTERED AN OVERPUFFING SMOKER.

18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey. I'm G-B. Thats so crazy today I could smell someone smoking and I asked My 11 Year old if I smelled like That and he responded the same way. Kindof. The smell of smoke makes me nauseous yet I am still Craving a cigarett. It really is hard But I'm doing it and I'm excited!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today for the first time I was forced to stand in front of a smoker. I was in line at a convenience store to pay for gas. I had just stepping up to the counter when all of a sudden, I felt like something had taken over my lungs. I felt them fill up and tighten up. I actually threw my head from side to side and placed my hand on my chest. It was like a movie and some alien had entered my body through my mouth and was filling my body with a heavy poison. It was actually uncomfortable and I felt violated. I mean I wasn't given a choice.. I was made to inhale it just by being there. I turned my head to see a man behind me just apuffing away.. creating a huge cloud of smoke. I paid and for my gas and as I was walking away, the lady behind the counter said.. damn smokers huh? I shook my head in agreement and walked off. I was just amazed.. I could not believe that I would have such a reaction. So weird........ Chris [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am a dudette !! Yea, you are right. I really would be hypocritical to be looking down on anyone. I was actually more suprised by the way that my lungs reacted to second hand smoke. It was absolutely a weird feeling. Here in texas, people still smoke everywhere, except in the workplace. If everyone agrees, people smoke there too. I lived in Southern California for 2 years (2000-2001). All public places were nonsmoking. I got used to it.. came back to Texas and never went back to public smoking (except in a club). 10 days without an encounter.. I guess my time had come. lol Hang Tuff ! Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 263 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dude, I know what you mean. At my workplace, it is socially acceptable to smoke anywhere your heart desires. I will be laying on the couch and smell smoke. The smell instantly turns my stomach now. When I try to voice my opinion, they state that I was a smoker not too long ago, and I should be sympethetic. Ahhhhhhhhhh, that pushes a button. I look foward to the law they are going to pass in Ohio soon about no smoking in any establishment. Other than that day we just have to stay strong friend. ~Funk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's funny you bring that up BFS. I assumed at first Chris was a Dudette, but the last few posts have me leaning towards Dude. [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/scratchchin.gif[/IMG]Chris I hope you don't mind becoming a P.O.I. to us. Whichever you are, I am enjoying your spirit and outgoingness. Is that even a word? It is now.lol. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/banana.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 982 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $332 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And 2think I thought Chris was a Dudette? :confuse: ;) :) I'm still finding it difficult to have a smoker N my personal space too. The smell is so strong! I ask my 9 yr. old the other day if the smell used to bother him when I smoked and he said, 'Sorta, but I think I got used to it' :8o: :blush: I didn't expect that answer. But I do know when we love someone it's easier to over look their flaws. ~all the best N2k [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 174 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,848 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $870 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think Chris is a dude not a dudette. A non-smoking Dude! So Chris, which is it? :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 225 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $787.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for clearing that up Chris(tine). ;) I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago with my landlord in my apartment building. I literally had to RUN down 3 flights of stairs and down the hall or get out of the building so I could breathe. It was nasty! So I completley understand where you're coming from. As soon as we quit smoking, our sense of smell gets MUCH better, as you just figured out. That's why SO many of us didn't REALLY understand how badly it smelled... because to us when we were smoking, it was bad... but not THAT bad! Well, that's not the way non-smokers see it, apparently, and now, we're finding out how bad we really smelled then. It's kinda funny, but kinda sad in a way too... that we fooled ourselves for so long. But at least now we can see the truth. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $349.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chris, you probably should declare yourself lest you become something you're not, lol. Just think that once you were the person behind you in line. If you were Earl, you'd have to make a list and make amends to everyone. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 264 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,281 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1003.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: