Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

This craving is now 3 hours long and counting.

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ArwensMom, Divert your attention. Stop thinking about the cigarette and start reading how horrible they are for you. Take control. You are too far in your quit to give in. Keep us posted. You will overcome this hurdle. Take Care, Melanie ____________________ The SSC Suppor Team
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
AM, Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time with your quit...but you are doing the right thing by posting your feelings instead of just giving up which would be the "easier" thing to do... Such good advice on this thread...Thank you so much to everyone who posted...These are the things I keep in the back of my mind for when my cravings hit...a little insurance, I guess... MissyFit...I love all the little facts you left for us to read...I am looking forward to all the little milestones you mentioned...Just wondering, maybe that is why my hands and feet have not felt cold like they ususally do? And to think I always thot I just had "bad circulation"...LOL (((((((((((((EVERYONE)))))))))))))))) NixTheStixIn06 Amy :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 154 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
18 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I made it. I must have gone 20 minutes without thinking of a cigarette. I needed that so badly just a little break. It made me feel ever so much better. I think it's going to go back to coming and going, at least for awhile.
I can't do any of that. I have live animals here! I can't leave them alone and in my condition, can't work on them either.
It's the worst so far. Nomrally when I get up I have a craving and it passes. This one has lasted since 5:30 am without let up. I'm ready to canvass the gutter for butts or just run off and get a pack. I've done enough lozenges to make me sick. Nothing is working, not deep breathing, meditation (actually the dogs are barking their heads off which isn't conducive to quiet time). I've spent a half hour solid in my internal "this will pass" mantra. If this doesn't end soon I will either cave or go crazy. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 254 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
I can't take time off. I just can't. My finances are too close to the bone and there is no one to take up the slack as it were. There is no other income. I just have to muscle this through. What I really need is a few minute break. Normally it comes and goes and I'm okay with that as long as it passes. I am now into day two with no break. My boyfriend is having no cravings and thinks it's because he's taking painkillers for his knee. I might try a painkiller if it's helping him, why not me. A valium would be nice - just joking.
I cannot close for a few days. If I suddenly became very ill, believe me, I'd still be here. I was here when I had penumonia. I was here bandaged from a bad dog bite. I'd have to be in the hospital to not be here.
I did not cave. I hung in there minute by minute. ALL my efforts were concentrated on not having a cigarette. When I say ALL I mean ALL. I had to return dogs to their owners untouched. I am so petrified I can hardly think this morning. For one thing I am now into day 2 of a nonstop craving. For another, I can actually lose my business over this. I don't have to return too many dogs to have the people look for someone else. It's not like I can tell the boss I need a vacation. Not only my business but without income I can lose absolutely everthing so I must MUST get over this and very soon. I give it ONE more day I can't afford to give it anymore I just can't afford it. On the positive side, my severe coughing is practically gone! I can take a deep breath without a sharp pain and I'm sleeping better. When I sleep better all the animals sleep better too. Is there a happy medium where I can breath and work?
This is amazing. It has not let up for a minute, not a second. It is now past 3pm and its just as bad as it was at 5:30 this morning. Usually I get a break. A few minutes where it doesn't bother me. The strain alone is a killer.
My coworker came in, saw me pale and shaking and told me to go have a cigarette, he'd buy the pack if it would settle me down. One of the biggest oldest and most senile Golden Retrievers got a claw stuck in a cage grate and couldn't get it out. I was in such bad shape, I was almost hysterial. I dumped a bunch of shampoo on the grate and the dog worked it loose. (Sometimes I wonder why I ever gave up law for this).

Reading this thread: