Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Three weeks, then BAMMO!!

18 years ago 0 208 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Love the humor here! This is day 1 for me, so we'll see if I can keep a sense of humor. Last week I only smoked after work, about 5 a day, and none starting today. Hang in there.. One thought.. I doubt wood has many calories and I'm sure it is high in fiber ;-).
18 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bypass, Thanks for the reminder that a bad day can come out of no where and attempt to overcome us. Nice work on the mood awareness! gpw [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 345 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the response and the suggestions. The chair leg has been spared. I found, however, that the low-cal therapy did not do the trick this time so I whipped up a large bowl of jalapeno bean dip, with lots of cheese, and ate it with tortilla chips while watching the superbowl. That did the trick! (Hope this doesn't happen for another year, 'cause that combo won't be available.) ;) Regards, Bob [i]Stavin' off the Cravin'[/i] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 730 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $114 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been surprised by my quit this time in that I have not had any 'climbing the wall' episodes. After week 3, I felt that I could handle about any craving that came along... until yesterday. I was a bit wired all day long, couldn't sit still, looking for something, but not sure what it is. No craving for a cigarette, though I did think of it, something else... but I don't have a clue what. I have sampled all the food in the house, textured and painted the ceiling and walls of our guest bedroom, watched basketball, played with my model planes, played computer games, finally slept deeply last night. Today has been somewhat better, but I could chew the leg of the chair I'm sitting in right now... hmmm not a bad idea. Any sugesstions? ketsup, maybe, or even mustard?... yeah, mustard, the hot kind sounds good, but with maple? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $109.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bypass, I'd go with the mustard. There is a list on here somewhere that has 100 things you can do instead of smoking. I printed it once but I may have eaten it.... This restless feeling will pass and just think of all you will have gotten done. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/26/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,434 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bypass, You have a hilarious sense of humor! That'll get you far in this quit thing! Um, I don't recommend eating the chair... but if you're looking for a snack, I guess it is low calorie, high fiber... go for it! ;p Don't forget about H.A.L.T. - Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired. Try not to let yourself get any of those things because they are all triggers. Sometimes, we may THINK that we're having a craving, when really, a nap will do because we're tired. So, after you sampled everything in the house, including the chair you were sitting in, and that didn't make the mystery craving cease, look to one of the other factors to see if you're angry, lonely or tired. It could be you're craving something entirely different! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/tie-dyebutterfly.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bypass, You have totally made me laugh today. Thank you :)! We have to make the best of our quits and how it changes our lives on a daily basis. Congrats on being 23 days quit! Amazing! By the way, I would avoid the chair leg though! HA! Go with a nice bag of popcorn and a drink of juice or water. Keep posting with us! We are here every day of your quit! Cheers, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: