Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,514 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

HELP! for G---

18 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for your support...Last night I felt like I was losing my mind. I have never felt so out of control in my life. I don't want to smoke....15 days was tough after 30 years. I thought this was going to be a piece of cake...I sure was wrong! I just got a perscription for wellbutrin from my doctor. This is supposed to help with the anxiety. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.
18 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
G, I am on Wellbutrin and I don't think I could have done it without the help. I takes a few days to kick in, but it will help with the cravings alot! I made sure not to throw my smokes away when I stopped I kept them and knowing they were there with in my reach also seemed to help. I just packed them away a few days ago, I kept 17 one for each year I wasted my life on them! Best of luck to you. M.Robinson [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 330 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, G---. Congratulations on your quit and welcome to the SSC. I used Wellbutrin XL for the first month of my quit and I think it helped a lot in the beginning. Most people are really surprised at what quitting smoking is really like. They hear that the nicotine is out of your system in 3 days and assume that is as long as recovery lasts. What isn't widely known is that nicotine is a strongly addictive drug, just like heroin and cocaine. I don't know why this info isn't more widely spread, but it isn't. Don't try going this alone, G---, that's just too scarey. Stay close to this site, read, post questions, learn as much as you can about what may be coming up. Remember that forewarned is forearmed. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 241 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,831 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $915.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 167 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there G. The addiction is what is causing your anxiety. What you were experiencing is completely normal. You need to develop some coping mechanisms. Start by using the quit program tools here. As well as giving you a place to start, it will also tell you what you may experience during your quit. Read and post as much as you can. Have patience with yourself, and take it easy. Jags [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 365 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1120.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$45,411.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8150 Hours: 19

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[i]G--- 1/19/2006 11:04 AM Posts: 1 Joined: 1/5/2006 254146 I made it to 15 days....I'm so depressed. Yesterday I bought a pack of cigarettes. I've been having horrible anxiety tacks. Something that I've never had in my life. I couldnt' take it....needed to function between working and school. I couldn't concentrate. Cigarettes finally calmed me down so I could think straight. Has anyone else gone through this? I think I'm going to need to try some Zyban to help me through this.... [/i] Realize that the only thing having those smokes did was give the junky in you a 'fix'....and that in turn gave you the false feeling of calming the stress and finding a solution to a problem. The stress and anxiety you were feeling was CAUSED by the nicotine addiction. You HAVE to fight your way through those initial withdrawal symptoms in order to get in control of this addiction. If you are truly having anxiety attacks then you need to talk to your doctor....perhaps NRT of some sort would benefit you. PLEASE don't give up at this point and think that you will be unable to quit....this is a trick of the addiction....if it can get you to give up and think it hopeless, then you will continue to let "it" run your life. quitting IS possible. My whole family were such Horribly addicted people, and yet here we are, all of us FREE of nicotine running our daily lives. Once again, throw away the smokes and go talk to your doctor. (and if he isn't helpful...talk to 'another' doctor...until you find one that understands what is going on here) {{{{{hugs}}}}}} Just don't give up.....we all understand where you are coming from! katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1476 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59,058 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8118 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 192 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$158,938.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5342 Hours: 13

Minutes: 21 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
G, Hang on and really take the time to pat yourself on the back for 15 days. This is incredible! Please always come here to support we are always here to help, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: