Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,784 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA, RBORBON

A long battle, but I?m finally there

14 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 I apologize for not being around much lately, but as some of you know I’ve been struggling again for the last while. When I get like that, I find it’s usually better for me to stay away.  It just works best that way for me.  I’m proud to say that I’m still smoke free, and I honestly believe I’ve FINALLY beat the demon.

The last 3 days have been like a new awakening.  I don’t know what’s changed, but the physical part of me feels brand new all of a sudden.  I know there’s been improvement physically all the way through my quit, but I never really got that “you must feel so much better after quitting” feeling.  It just hasn’t been there, ever.  Until a couple of days ago.  Maybe it just takes some of us longer to get there.  Mr. J is thrilled I’ve finally reached this point, as he’s been enjoying it for quite some time.

I’ve climbed the mountain, I’ve succeeded in getting to the top, and I’ve kicked the crap out the monster with every step I’ve taken to get there.  Feels real good!  I truly hope that most of you are already enjoying this feeling, and that the newbies will get there soon.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 630
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,600
Amount Saved: $4,788.00
Life Gained:
Days: 68 Hrs: 18 Mins: 27 Seconds: 17

Reading this thread: