Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

please folks , don't let your guard down !

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Karren,

Thanks for the "bump!"

And thank you for reminding us to value these quits and all of the benefits we can experience as non-smokers.

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Reading these posts is an education, and we should 'bump' them every now and again to remind us all how at any time  the old addict can rear its ugly head.
Its easy to become complacent especially as our quits age, however, it is sometimes the situation that is the catalyst, and I myself ( thank Goodness) have not yet been in that type of situation or who knows what I might be posting too.
Thanks to all for sharing, it is a timely reminder to us all, we are never free, just more in control.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 383
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,575
Amount Saved: $5,745.00
Life Gained:
Days: 45 Hrs: 5 Mins: 42 Seconds: 19

14 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is exactly how I lost my first quit years ago.  I was a year and a half quit, I hit a stressful situation with smokes still in the car.  Poof, quit gone in a puff of smoke.  Crazy that it was -20 outside when I did that.  I wasn't prepared.  This time I am.  I have accepted that there will always be craves... but just to say NOPE.  Great job Mike... way to protect your quit.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 54
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 810
Amount Saved: $405.00
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 23 Mins: 43 Seconds: 11

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mike  
I'm happy you didn't give in. You defeatd the nasty Nicodemon,which is great. We cannot let our guard down.
I also had my moment this past weekend and I survived. We should be proud of ourselves. We learned another lesson and recorded another nonsmoking memory in our brain. And that is great!  You are such a wonderful contributor to this site.
Thank you for sharing! 
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 124
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,860
Amount Saved: $186.00
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 4 Mins: 10 Seconds: 53

14 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Mike (and Tim),
I had a moment like yours at a picnic on Memorial Day. I had two young guys smoking like there was no tomorrow at my table. I thought, "Boy one of those would sure taste good about now (my brand too)." Then I realized I had smoked twice as long as these two kids have been alive. I hope they don't make the same mistake I did! They were pounding down the beers too. When I told them how long I have been sober (coming up on 33 years) they  got up shortly after and never returned to my table. I'm pretty sure my tales of quiting smoking (and drinking) had some effect on these kids (at least I hope so).
Hang in there Lisa! You know you can do this!
cameless

P.S. I notice  I have added 100 days to my life! I picture myself on my death bed with St. Peter  shouting down from heaven, "Hold it, George has added another 100 days! Thanks SSC!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/17/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 527
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,175
Amount Saved: $3,721.94
Life Gained:
Days: 100 Hrs: 15 Mins: 23 Seconds: 34

14 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
karren
don't worry , i will not let you down. i know we all have to quit for ourselves , but it has really helped me to know that i am being a role model for some others , as others have been for me.
it a pressure that i accept and embrace , it helps me stay quit.

mike/astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 441
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,230
Amount Saved: $3,969.00
Life Gained:
Days: 74 Hrs: 18 Mins: 18 Seconds: 46

14 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Mike you scared me too- I guess its easy to become complacent after being quit for some time, but it just shows that all of us still have that addict in us.
I am so pleased you dismissed those thoughtsI would have been devestated if anything else had happened, you are my mentor and I so look up to you- phew sigh of relief!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 382
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,550
Amount Saved: $5,730.00
Life Gained:
Days: 45 Hrs: 2 Mins: 9 Seconds: 37

14 years ago 0 289 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mike and Tim I hope you both know what strength you both should by not giving into that "just one" stinking thinking . It aint worth going through hell week again, I can promise you that. Jim next week if that demon sneaks up on you I want you to think of me.
Good job Guys!!!!
Lisa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/26/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 25
Amount Saved: $4.69
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 3 Mins: 50 Seconds: 20

14 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mike you scared me, this is a good lesson and we must stay aware, iam glad you dident fall :)  Good Job  Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2484
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 59,616
Amount Saved: $10,432.80
Life Gained:
Days: 322 Hrs: 15 Mins: 38 Seconds: 57

14 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yep , it's a great lesson for us all , and by the way , i gain a lot of strength from all of you guys.

mike/astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 441
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,230
Amount Saved: $3,969.00
Life Gained:
Days: 74 Hrs: 18 Mins: 0 Seconds: 44

Reading this thread: