Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,703 Members

Please welcome our newest members: KPALMA, plouds, koalablind, Jen S, CBEA KATRINA

It's a Keeper

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Stickin to it, well said!
We appreciate your words of wisdom and encouragement.

I hope you are having a great smoke free day,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the words of encourgement and inspiration Stickin to it.  It is so nice to hear from you when you pop in.  You always have such nice stories for us.  Thanks for checking in.

Kelly

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 182
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,460
Amount Saved: $682.50
Life Gained:
Days: 14 Hrs: 20 Mins: 12 Seconds: 49

15 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Time and patience has a way of changing the way you feel about things. At times, when the "thought" suddenly appears out of nowhere, it's like the grim reaper hiding in the darkest part of our minds, desperately trying to get you to justify that "one". And you know, that's exactly how I see smoking now. It would scare me to death to smoke a cigarette now, because I would think, "What if this is the one that starts that cancer"? That's enough in itself to turn me away. Thanks for all your encouraging words Stickin To It.

~Stormy~

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/17/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 689
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,512
Amount Saved: $1,072.08
Life Gained:
Days: 77 Hrs: 12 Mins: 2 Seconds: 34

15 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Was it just yesterday? No, not really.  Does it seem like yesterday? No, not so much anymore, for quite a spell has passed since my last, and a tad of living has been lived as well.  Do you miss them? No, I can’t say that I do. I care not to think about them anymore.  Sometimes I get anxious and a smoking thought slips in “Here I am!” however that’s rare anymore.  Sometimes I view it from another angle and I let the thought stew for awhile to see just how much desire I would have for one.  I don’t anymore, the desire is not there. Why is that?  Well one is never enough, never; I do not want to spend the time and energy quitting all over again, and I would end up doing that again because I’m not happy be a smoker.  That’s why I quit in the first place, right?  That’s exactly it.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/22/2006
Smoke-Free Days: 865
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 15,570
Amount Saved: $5,060.25
Life Gained:
Days: 158 Hrs: 10 Mins: 55 Seconds: 32

Reading this thread: