Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I'm physically tough, now I'm just going to get mentally tough

16 years ago 0 21 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey kristi, Looking foward to having you here.....you can do it!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/13/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristi - Chantix rocks! There are quite a few threads on it also, just type Chantix in the search bar top right and select your parameters or ask away! I spent my first few weeks reading away here. Do that and post first - if you get in trouble. Welcome Aboard and congrats on your decision ;) Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 334 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $584.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Kristy! First, you are doing the best thing for yourself by quitting. I'm using Chantix too, and have tried other things but this is the best for me. I have already started to breathe better, no more wheezing at night, I can see the difference in my teeth and my skin is clearer and less blotchy (the wrinkles are another story) and I have more endurance. There are tough times, please know you have to want to quit more than you used to want to smoke. So read here, post here, grab some water, some gum, or snacks or a straw or something for that hand to mouth habit and let's kick some ASH! Sassy, you and I have a lot in common! And I love the "blinking my eyes were a trigger" line; boy don't I know it! You go girl! The dream means (IMO) that you really don't want to smoke, even subconsiously, and how COOL is that? Hugs, Denise (sorry, no pics at work, they mess up the [u]very old[/u]puter) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $415.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC, Kristi! I also used Chantix to quit and it is an excellent drug to help you quit smoking! First, you'll notice that your cigarettes don't taste as good and then you'll notice that you aren't getting your normal buzz from the butt, then you'll start thinking, "why am I even smoking these things!!!" I started cutting down on my cigs, too, when I started the Chantix. I had it all planned out so that I would smoke my last one just on time for my quit day. Funny thing was, I had some left over to ceremoniously crush and flush with my better half!!! I haven't looked back!!! You'll still get cravings, so read and use the helpful material on the SSC site and from others on the forum and you'll do great!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 675 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $111.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$44,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 18

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the site and congratulations on your decision to quit! You will find quitting to be quite an experience but don't give up on yourself and just take one day at a time. You will do great! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1005 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,567.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 93 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome KristiD! Congratulations on making the decision to quit! You might find it helpful to read through previous and present post for insight and information about your quit. Members offer great support and suggestions so be sure to stop in as often as you'd like. Best of luck, Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristi, Welcome. I used chantix for the first few weeks. There is no way I'd have made it this far without it and the support here at SCC. There are great people here that will help you through the rough spots. Judi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $468.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the SSC Kristi. This is an incredible group of folks here who will help you find your way through the process. Stay as close as you need to. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,010 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $452.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
as long as you're tough...you're tough! GOOD LUCK. I have been dreaming about smoking...(i am a cold turkey quitter) and only recently have the dreams stopped...lately i have been having them again because the urges have been difficult and it is taking A LOT of willpower not to 'try just one little puff'..i went to sleep angry last night that i ever started this 'quitting thing'...smoking was easier (dumber, but easier). last night was a turning point i think...i dreamt i bought a pack of marlboro's...carefully ripped the little gold string...crinkled the cellophane and popped one into my mouth...i inhaled. right away i thought two things #1. wow, this isn't nearly as satisying as i had hoped it would be...and #2. oh no! what do i say to 'the group'...i have to start at #1 AGAIN..OH NO....when i woke up i was actually happy - i didn't blow it, didn't set myself backwards...i gave in to the urge in the dream and found it wasn't worth it...i had come too far....so Mental challenges are the tough ones now...the physical stuff goes away faster than we think...it's all the other stuff....people tell me "watch your triggers' but i am 50 - smoking my whole life (13 years old) so breathing and moving and blinking my eyes were a trigger...life was a trigger....it's all about being tough. come here often...it helps so much....it's this group that popped into my dream and gave me the extra push i need to keep up the fight! good luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $688.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$7,235.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 799 Hours: 14

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristi, you're in the right place. Welcome to the SSC, and let's get this done. Stay on the site, and post often. It really helps. goofy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 156 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $982.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: