Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,602 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MRITCHEL AMBRIE, DMARY CHRISTINE, DILOIZA MARHYZ, AFRANCESCA, SERI

Anyone use the gum?

16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well, I didn't get the gum. What yall said made sense, so I've been toughing it out. At times I catch myself clinching my teeth and my fists!! ha ha! But no smokes still. I am joining curves next week and looking forward to feeling even better about myself. Not only will I smell good, but I'll look good too!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, I forgot about the icewater, BJ! I drank a ton of that, too... i don't know why it helps, but it sure does help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 612 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 45,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,475.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW good job. I had BAD days on day 4 and 9.. and I am using the Chantix.. I think things have mellowed out now. I get a little irritated easier, but it's over quickly.. and besides.. before I was covering up all the irritations with nicotine. I keep my water bottle handy. also some unsalted almonds to munch on .. they are good for you. I keep gum handy. Today I found Rice cakes in CHOCOLATE flavor. 7 cakes=60 calories. and they don't taste like cardboard.. they have quite a few flavors. the cornchips with lime & chili seemed to help maybe it was the flavor.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 629 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $125.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristi What has been said is correct. If the nicotine is already out of your system, don't go messing around and put it back in. The littlest bit makes a difference. I remember having some gum after Day 9 (bad day for me) and I had nightmares and vivid dreams that night, plus craved the next day. You are doing great, so just keep on doing what you are doing. My boyfriend said, in regards to my moods, everyday added on to my life (on my quit meter), was a day taken off of his life! The moods do go, no more crabbyness, no more emotional rollercoasters! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,278 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $498.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey KL! I am with Misty on this one! The nicotine is already out of your system. Don't put it back in! Try anything else, licorice, a straw, sugar free gum, hard candies. There are lots of things that will work. Remember the deep breathing and self talk. And you know this is all temporary, remember all of that will soon be gone! So hang in there, if you can! Kick that junkie to the curb! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 379 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,998.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there girl - this craziness will pass. Its actually a blessing that they are giving you a wide berth; then they can't push your buttons even more and you won't have to worry about chewing off their faces :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristilu... plenty of time for apologies about being snappy or crabby when you're more fixed in your quit... people will understand that you're struggling and fighting off the cravings and will not be so offended if you bite their noses... don't worry about that. I fact feel free to let that steam out and whack the edge of your desk with your shoe like Kruschev at the UN! It'll get rid of some built-up tension. And your husband and the kids will understand if you have to kick the skirting boards once in a while.... Take a hot bath when you get home and let them eat cake until you're ready!! This is YOUR quit and you take care of it like you would a new born baby.... You get your toga in a knot if you want to!! Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $675.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 392 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good point Misty, no I didn't slip. I guess I just find myself being really anxious and thinking I need some sort of nicotine??? I need to find a new doctor. My doctor still hasn't taken care of my wellbutrin prescription for me. He was supposed to call my insurance to approve the prescription and hasn't done it yet. I will make that my goal today to bother him about that. I know that would help me alot. This month is our year end at work and it's crazy everyday, but right now it's like psycho. Why do I feel like this quit would be such a breeze if I didn't have that job? HA because it would. But, I've done well, and haven't hurt anyone yet, but everyone is giving me a wide berth. oh well, they'll just have to get used to it! This is my quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Kristilu. I had no luck with the nicorette gum years ago - mainly because I was never committed to quitting cigarettes... you ARE committed and you're shouldering the burden so well that you'll find the grit to fight your way through these trying days... patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,500 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $675.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristy I used the 2mg and yes it worked! (Oh and it doesnt stink!!) me xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 588 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,936 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3,087.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 118 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: