Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,622 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

FYI - Oprah and Dr. Oz

16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bananna, Kale soup? Hmmm... I'll have to work on a recipe. :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 556 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,425.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, Misty. I like some of those veggies. Looks like I'll be eating more of them...plus bananas. Not together though. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $889.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Google answers: "Between one month and nine months, the cilia in your lungs will regenerate, allowing your body to clean your lungs and reduce infection." Also acording to the worlds healthiest foods... Your body's cells have to basically "puke" up the toxins out of each cell and then push them into the blood streem to be carried away and gotten rid of. You can help this process along by eating at least 3-5 servings per week of cruciferous vegies - like brocholli, coulifower, kale, brussels' sprouts, etc. It isn't a nutrient that does this, so you can't take a pill (though almost all smokers are low on vitamin A - so you should be taking that after you quit!) but those vegies make your liver produce an enzyme that cleans inhaled carcinogens (cigarette smoke) out of your cells. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 556 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,425.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
You're welcome! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $883.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Kelly for passing on the footage of Oprah and Dr. Oz. I am just past my 3 day smoking log and moving forward. A bit apprehensive about setting a quit date still, but I'll do it. I am still at about 6 to 7 a day average for over a month now and really know that this will be much easier than the 12 or so I was smoking. Just trying to find time tonight or this week even to go just a bit further every day. This site and the support I see is wonderful. Thanks to everyone. Terry
I think that is correct, Anna. What sites are you looking at? I want to pass them on to my sister and brother. Yes, my brother has gotten a prescription for Chantix! SWEET!!! No, I have not become the No-Smoking-Nazi. ;p I am signing on to im. Can you get me there and give me the site info? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $883.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It does make sense to me that if a disease has already set in, of course stopping smoking is not going to make it go away. If you do not have any emphysema and just plain ole nasty smokers lungs, I think they do repair themselves. I am going to keep researching! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 380 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,596.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Aloha - Here's what he said (taken from the website) Debbie was one of the patients whose lungs showed signs of emphysema. "You already have, on a scale of 5, 3.5-level emphysema. It's pretty significant," he says. "We get worried about this because this doesn't get better. You can prevent it from getting worse and, depending on how you treat yourself, you can nudge it. But it never gets completely better once you have it." In addition to the effect on her lungs, Dr. Oz says Debbie's heart scan showed a problem. "You have a blockage already. That's actually nicknamed the widow maker," he says. "We're going to have to get a stress test on you to make sure that that's not a life-threatening problem." [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,530 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $883.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found this info online...Still looking for more. Thanks for the homework! After you stop smoking, the carbon monoxide level in your blood will decrease, and the oxygen level will increase to normal. That grayish tint to your skin will turn pinker. Your heartbeat will slow down to a normal pace. Your lungs will begin to clear and repair themselves. The black soot will dissolve and your internal organs will become fresh and pink again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 380 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,596.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What I should have said is that the undamaged part of the lungs is capable of functioning normally once we quit and they have disposed of the tar that we accumulated when we were smoking. :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 309 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,562 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,090.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 75 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: