Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Help, please

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Thank you for sharing. Stress is a common contributor to slipping. How to avoid falling into the trap? Plan ahead! Imagine yourself in high-stress situations. What could you do instead of instinctively reaching for that old crutch? Here are a few ideas to get your started: * Take a walk * Phone a friend * Write in a diary To those who have overcome high-stress situations smokefree, please share your story and tips! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MARCUS!!!!!!!! Don't give in!!!! Just don't do it!!!! I have been entertaining the thought for the past few hours, you can read more in my "this sucks" post. And i am not giving in and neither are you If you don't then i won't.- vise versa - There! That is a promise from me to you. So don't, just don't ever give up! It is so not worth it, just remember hell week and how bad it was, it just gets worse not better if you start smoking again. Celebrate 18 days tomorrow and I will celebrate 12. I am writing this for you as much as for myself. It's going to get easier and going to get better!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 123 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Please don't give in Marcus. 17 days is wonderful-make it eighteen and it will be even better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marcus, as my wise friends say, it won't help, it won't change anything - no one says gosh that cigarette totally helped my stressful situation. Brush up on coping skills, get that mental hammer from Kristilu and start hammering that junkie. Review your quit reasons, keep them where you used to keep your smokes, laminate them and put them in that pocket. They are now your reasons to live a non-smoking healthy life. Keep quitting, it gets easier - promise. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $453.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stress does make it difficult to keep your quit but sadly stress is a part of life. Everytime I faced a stressful situation I said to myself I breathed deep, chewed more gum and practically chanted "If I can make it through this I can make it through anything" it sounds silly I know but so far (knock on wood) its worked for me. Keep hanging in there, you CAN do this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This was a dangerous time in my quits. Subconsciously I was setting myself up. Don't smoke, if you do the demon wins again. If you make the choice to smoke, get rid of them and come right back here. 17 days is outstanding. Let us know how you are doing. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 262 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $393.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marcus, i hope you dident smoke let us know how you are doing, later down the road when you are QUIT, your gonna laugh at yourself when you realize the smokes dident do anything for the stress or any other thing you think now you need them for Hang tough, you have a good quit going :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1988 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,958.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 284 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$14,612.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 690 Hours: 5

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marcus, I couldn't have said it any better than our wise and, I might add, freakin' gorgeous, surfer chick. Non-smokers have stress in their lives, they don't smoke. You are 17 days a non-smoker. Think only of things that might help with your situation. Smoking will not help and don't let the junkie tell you different. You can do it, Marcus, you've been doing it for 17 days, and when you get over this hard time, you will be even prouder of yourself and yuo will know how to kick ash when faced with your major trigger. Imagine that. Oh, also, you will deserve a great big-ass reward. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 248 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,728.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marcus, don't do it. Ride it out. You got yourself into a stressfull situation now get yourself out. These times are going to come and go whether you smoke or not. What exactly is a cigarette going to do for you??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 374 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,610 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,570.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marcus, Look at this situation as a gift..a chance to learn new ways of dealing with stressful situations. Make an alternative plan. If you used to smoke to take a break from a stressful situation, still take a break, just don't smoke while you're taking a few moments. Instead, breathe deeply, have a beverage. If you smoked because you told yourself you could think better, you've got to laugh at that one. Millions of people think every day without a cig. Remind yourself of what a great job you've done so far, and whatever the stressful situation is, it will not be made better by ingesting poisonous smoke into your body. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 301 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,046.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26

Reading this thread: