Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I had to forgive myself first.....and

16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, You hit it on the head. For me it is Self respect. That is the reward. I just have to work on the smaller ones, now. You are coming up on a whole year. Way to go Mercy!!! And Thanks all for the thoughtful support. And I have to ask, What is this "Tuesday" thing? I have a feeling I am missing out on a good joke or something. Gratitude Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes...... rewards reinforce good behavior and also it supplies something your brain was getting 20 times a day. Mostly....the biggest reward is SELF RESPECT. Smokers live with a defeatist attitude. We lived day in and day out knowing we were doing something we shouldn't. We normally didn't improve our eating habits or exercise as it seemed foolish when we knew we were destroying our bodies anyway. We lived year after year saying..."When I quit." We lived a lie thinking some magic wand would be waved someday and take the addiction away. Finally we came to grips that "we" were the ones that get the job done. Because we have.....we found the contol button called empowerment. Isn't it great? Be proud!! Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 353 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,577.91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm just gonna go ahead & point out that it's Tuesday! It always happens on Tuesday. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 240 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,640.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love rewards, no matter how big or small, we count them all :) Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sharing does make a difference! Congrats for boarding the ship! Josie, Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MOSS :):) You are doing so well Be Proud Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1979 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,926.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 282 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$14,554.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 687 Hours: 14

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want to see a whole list of planned rewards for yourself over the next 6 months on my desk by tomorrow! I will do the same. I have been buying myself some little things here and there (trust me I have been over rewarding myself :) :) So far I have gotten 3 new nail polishes, ice cream, got my hair done, got some new clothes, and a few new books. I really like to work towards a goal so this might be fun to set up those rewards on paper. Let me know if you are interested and I will post mine here tomorrow under general discussion. Have a lovely evening! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 855 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $712.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very nice post Moss. Really gets it across what a rewarding, albeit tough at times, journey this can be. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 292 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,985.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moss your the man. Congratulations on the BIG 50. The rewards Moss help to get the brain back to normal believe it or not so don't deprive yourself besides it gives you an excuse to spend some of that money you saved from not smoking. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 294 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,292 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,940.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 71 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on the big 50! I know you feel amazing and I feel amazing for you! Now you know it is achievable and you can do it. Thanks for sharing your experience, I know how many people this will help in one way or another. Don't forget to keep your guard up for the future. I have been going through some personal changes in the last 6 months, all of which are very positive but it can be difficult to keep that positive mindset all the time. The best part of your post to me is the truth behind forgiving yourself, there is no need to be so hard on ourselves, otherwise we will set ourselves up for failure. Remember to be gentle and kind to yourself, you do deserve rewards and you are taking the right steps to becoming a better you. You wouldn't be at the point you are if you didn't work hard so sometimes you have to remember to give yourself a 'break'. Thanks again for sharing your story and thanks for being a great quit buddy! Keep it up! Next stop??? 60 day milestone marks 2 months of loving your body enough to quit smoking! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 855 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $712.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: