Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Who wants to be a millionaire?

16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice Post Tom, thanks! And 9 months just around the corner!! Penitent d1294 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,716.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 7

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Bobbi! I'm with you with "thank God" we don't smoke anymore. This wasn't easy and is very rewarding even today, 260 some days after the fact. This is a gift I gave to myself and family that keeps on giving everyday. I don't see how I could ever part with it, it's a part of who I am now. Happy to be smoke-free!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 261 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,096.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 42 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW Tom that post was great! Haven't we all played the game, Thank God we aren't playing any more and I pray every night more and more quit playing, before it is to late. I sthe hardest thing I have ever done in my life but the BEST thing I have ever done. hugs,prayers,pixie dust Bobbi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 248 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $620.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Welcome to the SSC Daggi. It sounds as though you know what you need to do. Know also that there are many people here waiting to help you quit. We've all been where you are, wanting something that's not easily achieved. It's not easy but it is worth all the effort you put into it. Let us know what we can do to help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 260 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,092.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
my first day here. went through much pain this week , still do and know i have to stop. smoking shall not kill me. hope i will suceed. :8o:
16 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tom, Adsolutely fabulous post, I grabbed the line at 4. Scary for me now but Dr. said it could hopefully be decades before I feel really bad. I am only 48 though, so decades is 68. Well I knew the risks. How stupid of me! Congratulations to all for grabbing the lifeline! Thanks for an inspiring post! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 195 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,730 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $682.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$15,886.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 801 Hours: 6

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tom! Thank goodness for those lifelines! I started with Chantix and the Chantix on line support site. In the midst of hell week, I was searching on line for help, and I somehow came across the SSC!!!!!! I joined and got caught up on the workbook straight away. It has made a HUGE difference in my quit. I have gotten so much out out of this program and of all the wisdom from the mods and members. From the veteran members to the newbee's, I'm greatfull for all they have to offer. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $225.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
What's was your life-line? Did you need only one or did you use more? Anything that helps you rise above the addict and be free of the addiction is a life-line. I used more than one. I used the SSC to plan, organize and track my quit. I also used the thoughts and ideas of many of its' members primarily for understanding and strategy at first. I found encouragement and wisdom beyond my expectations. Just a few examples of those lifelines out there are Lainey, Unhooked, Aloha and the SSC administrators. For the complete list, see Mr Ed's post. NRTS, patches, gum, Chantix, Wellbutrin, hypnosis, shear willpower alone... I've shown you mine, show me yours... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,087.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Thank you all. It's just a notion that came while I was trying to conclude to myself some thoughts on smoking. I was somewhere in level 3, I think, when I grabbed a life-line. The doctor told me I was a cantestant for COPD if I continued. That answer was real to me, it had enough feeling and experience attached to it to allow me to rise above the bullsh#^ I fed myself. You know, "the answers." I had a million of them and for each holiday and occasion. Answers to the concerned comments from loved ones and friends. Answers that told all that I didn't care about them or facts, all I cared about was my addiction. If I kept ignoring the risks I would be forced to pay to stay in the game; I mean REALLY pay. Well that's just not true anymore. For the first time in many many many years I'm free... and I know what that really means. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,087.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great idea Tom. I think I grabbed the lifeline about no 2. gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 244 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,904 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,220.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 32 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: