Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Women, both at the same time! Help!

16 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gesh! I'm glad I quit smoking before I got as old as you guys! :8o: :p ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 768 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,688.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there. I just found your first post or would have responded. Funny, we call them hot flushes over here! I used to suffer so badly I was always soaking wet - even in winter. A group of partially sighted people I worked with always knew it was me in the room because they could see/sense the flapping of a make-do fan! When I stopped drinking 4 years ago the flushes stopped too and I felt that maybe it hadn't all been hormonal but the toxins from the drink. Now I've given up smoking I seem to be having them every once in a while - but copeable. Your first step must be a doctor surely. Everyone is different. I decided not to go down the HRT route but that may be what you need. NRT,HRT...... Do what's right for you! :) Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �665.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cherie, not a wierd topic at all. Many of us have been through exactly what you describe. There are so many issues that women deal with and smoking certainly doesn't make any of them any better. I highly recommend that you find a good doctor. There are some remedies out there at the drug store, although I don't know how well they work. You might give them a try. But considering the circumstances, you might best be working with a doctor. Rusty [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 968 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27,104 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,388.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 136 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$54,797.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 647 Hours: 3

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL I knew this topic would be weird but I thought someone would respond??? I did this post, went out for dinner & came back anxious to find anything in here, lol. Just breathe......... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$26,748.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 585 Hours: 8

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok I know that this use to be taboo to talk about but I don't know why nor care. I just started getting hot flashes about 2 months ago or so. Anyhow they are really bad! And seem to be getting worse! I go through the nights and days turning the air conditioning and fan on and off. I wake up sweating turn on the air and then wake up freezing and back and forth. And today they seem to coming more frequently, and some back to back. Anyhow I am new to this and it's definitely making it harder to stay quit cuz the anxiety when craving hits even harder if a hot flash hits at the same time. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? I know there's medicine for this infact I bought some but haven't started taking it yet b/c I need to make sure I'm not the P word first. Are there any natural remedies for hot flashes besides sticking your head in the friggin freezer?!? Anybody else going through this while quitting smoking at the same time? What about the hormone imbalance? Could that have something to do with making it harder to quit? Normally when I set my mind to something that I really want it's honestly not this difficult. Just like when I quit drinking, i've never slipped or relapsed, not once & when I quit smoking last time I went for over a yr without a puff. But this time it is a huge fight. Anybody? Just breathe......... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $139.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$26,748.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 585 Hours: 8

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: