Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

A new moment .. A new day ..

16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sam If you slip again you'll have to "assume the position" and if you've got a bad wheel you'll make an easy target for a Bear with a paddle. ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 109 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,962 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,090.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sam You have the insight on this thing...This is all about mental mind fields and willful warfare...My best weapons are the ones I have gleaned from my experience with quitting. I am convinced that for me anyway, this is one big behaviour motification balck box. The hard part is that as we go through this activity we are both the observer and the observed. That is not a practical or in all likelihood a possible thing to be. That is why this site is so important...It helps to write down what we are thinking and feeling, because it gives us a point from which we can observe the things that work for us and discard those that are disfunctional...And further to that others can also benefit from your experience by seeing the wisdom that you have drawn from your own experience...The fact that you realize how much of a mind game this is is huge...What we are doing is much more than not smoking, we are also working on the underlying issues that caused us to smoke in the first place...thanks for sharing your thoughts it will help others move closer to themselves and further away from smoking... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 194 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,358.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, Sam, embrace every moment that you win. That's a great way to put it. Celebrate all the little victories, even if it's just saying "no thanks" when someone invites you out for one. It's such a hard thing we're doing, we have to remind ourselves as we go, that we're doing it. And of course, we tough broads don't only do easy things! We're so proud of you for getting right back up & doing it again! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $605.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 241 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
SOOO true Penitent ! "Don't run before you can walk" Will keep repeating that to myself :) Thanks ! xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Old sayings but so true Sam, "One step at a time" and " Don't run before you can walk" Well done for getting straight back at it - Good Luck! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1145 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,725.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 183 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$56,958.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 4

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 241 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I came online and found more encouragement and support in the 'Introduction' post I made yesterday.. What a wonderful thing to wake up to :) Thank you ! Now I have to just move forward as I did yesterday with all of my days, one moment, one day at a time and not think ahead of myself. I think that may have been one of the lesson's learned in my slip - one of many learned. At least I learned and I can put new coping tools in place from 'that' experience. I didn't have a particularly good night's sleep due to the pain in my foot and I'm limping around like an old broad.. LOL ! Right Unhooked ? ;) I will have to take it easy like I did yesterday and keep resting up both physically and mentally. I've found that this addiction is so much a mental thing, a huge fight, which is ever so constant but I also have to embrace each moment that I win over the craves and not allow it to control me. I'll be on throughout the day .. in between my naps, painting, and keeping cool in the one room where I have a/c. It's going to be one very HOT weekend with lots of humidity. Have a great weekend everyone ! See you later ;) xo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: