Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

JDK Thread #4

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's banana's dog, Boots & he is stealing gum. That's what he does! :) How's it going, Kev? Look at you hangin in, almost over the hardest part. Keep it up!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $418.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gen, I guess it can be both depending on timezones :) Hows the feet? Unhooked, nice to see ya! So what is that dog in your avatar doing? Yes am keeping myself occupied at the moment. But I have the memory of a goldfish at the moment so if I ask that question again ... :) Penitent! I got it right for once. But that was because I was concentrating hard. I knew there would be someone who would know about the nicotine via patch v via cigarettes thing. This may help : Royals = 1.4mg nicotine, Patch = 21 mg nicotine 1.4mg x 20 = 28mg which means 7mg less a day Ok, thats good enough for me. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �8.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm more confused than normal. All day yesterday I thought it was the 19th therefore this morning I imagined it was the 20th. So I lost a day somewhere but nothing can alter the fact that you are on day 3. Well done and just keep on doing what you're doing! Never mind you can't read. Gne :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �415.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2 days , Kev!! Woo Hoo!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $407.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kev, one thing that can happen in the early days of a quit is that your eyes can go a bit wobbly, kind of dyslexic when looking at people's names!!! ;p Didn't note the patch, sorry. In that case the nic will be in your body until 3 days after you ditch the patch. As for the science, Lamplighter's yer man � Lamps, you there? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,635.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 181 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$57,277.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1134 Hours: 13

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Pentinent. I think I have about 12 weeks before the nicotine goes (am on the patches now). Not sure how much less it is compared to smoking 20 mind you. But carbon monoxide has gone! Yippee. And I am not clogging my lungs with tar. Double Yippee. I'm keep on with my quit basically. One day I hope to have Pentinent quit count you see!! :) Anyone know? It would be good to visualise how much less nicotine I am absorbing into my bloodstream compared to smoking say 20 full strength cigarettes. Thisis the ol' knowledge replaces fear thing. Any science stuff in simple terms is great I think. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �8.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Kev, the nicotine will be gone but I reckon you can rely on some insanely intense cravings for a while yet! Continue to do the right thing, tough it out and enjoy the rewards along the way. You won't understand me now but you will as time passes. Still watching :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/18/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,635.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 181 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

$57,277.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1134 Hours: 13

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

'Smoke and the thumbscrews come out!' How can I forget that message now :) Only 2hrs to go and I can sleep again. I seem to be doing a lot of that lately. Am I right in thinking that it gets better patch or no patch after three days?, so as this is my third day then I have a lot to look forward to right? Insanely happy right now! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �8.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thumb screws kev...now THAT is a massage..i don't care what your dad says...and oh what a reward if you can handle it with hawaiian salt ok, and music.....is there a cd you might like? one that doesnt screech and put your newly nicotine free nerve endings on tilt? how about the captain and tenille? donny and marie? and some lotion? maybe some rosewater? how about a nice picture of ocean waves? hmmmm.....nothing is coming up for the olfactory reward..what smell do YOU like best? ;p 3 days would be such a nice reward for all of us who have been following you much aloha -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $605.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Wow, soooo many great ideas here!!! MP3 Audiobooks sound great. Hitch-hikers guide to the galaxy may be my first. I am never without my ipod. Sue, assuming the Innovations catalogue is still going I remember seeing a bleaching kit in there about 5 years ago. I will see if they still do some. Aloha, you realise that whenever I watch Lilo and Stitch. You will be in my mind, but Lilo or Stitch :) I had been offered a head massage, but I don't think it is the manly thing to do. I already get odd looks from my dad for my mum having put revitalising oil bottles in my room! ---- Right I have made it to day 3, which means I have a record to beat very shortly. Don't actually know how I made it as I have been having mega craves ever since last night. Only now are they receeding after reading this. Not helping was the fact that I was in a rush so didn't spend 30 mins listening to the stop smoking CD (you're supposed to listen to it every day). I've got to do it as soon as I get home me thinks. But day 3 without any sneaky cigarettes is very good for me. 7:22am at the moment here. I'll break the record at 11am. Then I will party again. Nice to see you all! p.s. Can I go for a crave wheelie-bin? :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/17/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �8.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44

This thread is locked.

Reading this thread: