Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Did everyone quit smoking??

17 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"don't give a rat's ASH", that's hilarious, Lainey & no kidding, it's a nightmare. It's insult to injury too, when you're paying $1.22/litre & it comes from where you freakin' LIVE!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL, That's nightmare #2. The price of gas. Yes, isn't wonderful how our governments, 'of the people, by the people and for the people' don't really give a rat's ash what the people want or need. Some things will never change. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $854.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
just think..for every pack of cigarettes you don't smoke..you can put a gallon of gas in your car!!!!! yeah!!! lol [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $162.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Most Canadian cities have had smoking bylaws passed for years. The smoking rooms have been shut down for so long, I can't even remember. My city has just this year implemented a smoking ban in restaurants & bars & we were, I believe, the last to do it. You can't smoke withn 5 metres of a doorway or at any public events like festivals etc. There is talk of a ban in homes & cars when kids are in them. It's more than a fad, it's a way of life & it's about time, although smokers still grumble about it. The only problem I have with it has been brought up here before, the hypocrisy of governments that continue to reap huge amounts in taxes while saying they want a smoke-free country. The price was what finally lit a fire to me to quit, as I realized I was just paying the taxes for everyone who had already quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think we will be seeing more of this type of behavior as smokers become 'persona non grata' in many public places. Even some outdoor places restrict smoking, and I can't say I agree with it, but that's the way it is. It is becoming too inconvenient to smoke, in addition to all of the other reasons we know we should quit. This is one of the freedoms I have most enjoyed...knowing I can go ANYWHERE without worrying about my addiction! :) Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $485.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I work at a large building. Six years ago you could not find a seat in the smoke room. Now it is almost empty even with 375 People in the building. Last month one person who was a chain-smoker quit mid April, everyone else including myself said, if he can do it I CAN DO IT! I know of 10 people here that just quit in the past 2 weeks. I guess you can say Peer pressure is now taking over. Instead of the smoke room being jammed pack during lunch, it is now the Ping Pong room, Weightroom, and Aerobics room. It appears that quitting smoking is the New Fad. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: