Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,705 Members

Please welcome our newest members: josephinee, KPALMA, plouds, koalablind, Jen S

To Clarify: It's not Quite Like That

17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin to it, did I really, really like your post?? You betcha!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 915 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $333 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Incredible words of wisdom and inspiration ! Thank you :) Just love your stats... WOW ! J xo [IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o304/Monica58/thumbsup-1.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brilliant! It can be done and thanks for sharing :) Priceless! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To clarify: Rome was not built in a day nor was our addiction to nicotine. Having thoughts or a mild desire to smoke from time to time can come with the territory. It can just pop up. It is not at all like, hey I just got to go out and have it, not at all. It is more like hmmmm. Is it worth quitting? You betcha. Does it get easier? You betcha. Is there a point in the quit process that you think about it less and less? You betcha, you betcha. Please don�t let the insignificant mild desire to smoke, from one who has been quit for a long period of time, impact your will to keep quit. What is important is that you stay quit. I neglected to think about what a mild crave or smoke thought might have on younger quitters and will refrain from doing so in the future. I think I was trying to point out that it happens on occasion and that if it does happen just be prepared to shut it down immediately. I wish all of you great success and I know I know that you can do this. If staying quit for you alone is not enough reason, then try staying quit for spouse, children, family, friends and last but not necessarily least me, Stickin To It. It is just up ahead. Can you see it... Regards Stickin To It [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 444 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2442 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 82 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58

Reading this thread: