Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,703 Members

Please welcome our newest members: KPALMA, plouds, koalablind, Jen S, CBEA KATRINA

She said really, that happened and yes I said.

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes it can! Thanks for sharing and bringing a positive outlook to those surprise craves! The choice is yours and you will persevere :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
She said really, that happened and yes I said. This is your moment. We have had moments in the past; however we have neglected to act upon and to seize the opportunity. I suppose a person could relapse, but hey, if you plan on quitting again or remotely think that you will quit again, why torture yourself, don�t lose that control and don�t lose your quit and your precious stats. You have new found money, longevity and days rolled up in them, not withstanding the other individual health benefits. Forget about it, control those impulses; it is a way to succeed a simply choice not to light up. Move forward, forget about it. I wanted to share with you a crave that I had even after not smoking for 443,256 days. Yea, I had one of them and I said to myself, good God, you little devil you, bugging me again. My wife and I had just finished breakfast with my dad and his wife at their home, and there it was, have a smoke. Again, I said good God, go away, and I will laugh at you later. Later on during the ride home, I spoke of the episode with my wife. She said really, that happened and yes I said. Blow the thoughts and craves off. It can be done. Stickin to it [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 443 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2436.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 82 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know what I always say. That Ol' Nic is the best of enemies b/c he knows us so completely. He knows the unstated needs for and satisfactions of our addiction. After we have beaten him down he knows just when to rear his ugly head. Because he is never really gone. Because he is us. We are stuck with him. Our psychi is like swiss cheese to him and he is the world's best salesman, always looking for an angle. As you know, I spent many smoke-free years, never thinking about smoking. Never. From where 10 years down the road did that voice come from? I played with it for a year, telling myself that I had proven that I was strong enough not to be sucked in with that drag. From where does that wetchedness come? The answer is that it comes from no where but is always there and has never left. It is only in my acknowledgment of that that I believe that I have any hope this time around. I must be ever-vigulant, always humble to the addiction and never take for granted the power that I have accumulated against it through sheer will power and the support of people here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,047 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $520 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: