Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,500 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I've been lying and I'm scared

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mommom, Your quit is one of the most precious things you will ever own. Hold on to it for dear life. With every bit of your being. It is so worth it. One day at a time and let tomorrow take care of itself. Even down the road you may think of smoking occassionally but it isn't like craving. Get through that first tough part and then decide if it is worth it or not to keep the quit. Give it six months and see how you feel. Lady [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 632 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,653 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2212 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 57 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CMMM, Hi. I didn't read the other posts so if this has already been said - sorry. You are at the point in your quit when the physical stuff is starting to take a backseat and you get to dig your heels into the emotional stuff. I believe that this is where the work gets done. I believe you will be more successful if you keep asking yourself these tough questions. I don't think that it means your resolve is waivering but you are starting to see that this will be your life as a non-smoker. It's a reality and not just a "thing" you are doing. For me, as I started to meet my non-smoking self after 15 years it was a little awkward at first. But then I realized that I was becoming a more genuine version of myself. I could do things I had forgotten that I loved and my emotions were alive again. And it is a progression, it happens a little at a time so it isn't as scary as it might seem. The "challenge" of quitting doesn't stick around for all of us. I haven't had a craving in probably a year or more and there are so many other wonderful challenges to face once you get this one licked. This part will eventually even out and in the meantime, try to enjoy the ride :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 962 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4329 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$36,926.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 638 Hours: 15

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CallMeMomMom, Glad you're starting to feel better. This is part of the transition and many members have felt just as you do now. Change is scary. Keep trying to look to the positive. The new you will not need cigarettes to make friends or relate to people. The new you will not hide from your emotions behind a cloud of smoke. The new you will not be ashamed of your habit. The new you will no longer waste time making your life shorter but will make the most of each day. Hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad you made it through yesterday! It's a big step to have made it through that first really bad time, when it happened to me and I didn't cave in it made me feel so good and helped for the other times I wanted to have one, it's getting easier by the day though and that all I do is take it one day at a time, that is what is helping me. [IMG]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m203/Praxin60/smallcliftonsigfile.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,309 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $206.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MomMom, Phil's right. This is just another "Nick Trick".(Good one, Phil!!!!) And its going to pass. And like the rest of us, I'm sure there's more to come, but the good thing is, we can be ready!!!!! Glad to know you made it through this. Keep that great quit going strong. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,143 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $639 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks, my friends. Yesterday was just one of those junkie days, I guess. I talked to Sweetheart about it, and he says he will do whatever it takes to keep me smoke-free. He reminds me of the future we have planned together, and it takes both of us to live it. With your support, and his, I can do anything! I'll deal with the future when it happens. For now, it's one day at a time, and I won't smoke today. That doesn't mean I won't have more days that I think about it, but I won't smoke. I am woman, hear me roar. LOLOL Maybe I'll always be conflicted....maybe I always have been but just didn't know it because the smoking masked it! But I won't smoke! NOPE! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,183 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $189.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
M, Please stop the junkie thinking! You are romanticizing your smoking and that NEVER leads anywhere good! Be realistic, you said you loved the smell? Hmmm......... You said you met other nice social outcasts? Hmmmmm....... You and the outcasts had something in common? Hmmm..... Mom, you can have lots of things in common with social outcasts who DON'T smoke and you can enjoy hundreds of wonderful smells that aren't cigarette smoke!!!! At this point of my quit, I do feel empowered and strong! I am reminded daily of the journey that I began last year. And I'm excited when I look ahead at the journey I have yet to travel. And in addition to no longer smoking, I've developed several other healthy habits that I never dreamed I'd enjoy! Go figure! Take it easy Mom, and enjoy where you are! You know what it takes! And you've got an awesome quit going! When does the challenge end? I wish I knew! But at this point if I had to guess, I'd say NEVER! LOL And as for that "just one" junkie thought "One would be too many and a thousand would never be enough." Hang in there gal! Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 150 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,008 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $562.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mom....be careful here in this line of thinking....the junky is knocking at the door. the junky is the one that wants you to smoke....he's the one that brings up thoughts like your thinking you "like" smoking. YOU didn't so much like to smoke as that junky liked for you to.....it gave your addiction a fix and glossed over the surface of your life for the moment. that's the other thing....this is an addiction, not just a nasty habit. We are nicotine addicts and we are always gonna be. Try to stop the thinking that glorifies the memories of smoking. Think on the peace and control that not smoking will bring....this is taking the thinking "away" from the junky and he will protest, but if you persist you will finally win. I promise you, NOT smoking is a lot less stressful than smoking....and will you like the "new" you??.....I think so.....I sure like the new me. She's a tough duck and she runs her own life...she doesn't listen to that nasty junky anymore. She knows she's an addict but she steers clear of that neighborhood. hang tough, it will come Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1906 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10864.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 251 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$158,924.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5342 Hours: 0

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mommom i understand where you are coming from that is junkie talk don't cave to old nick keep up the good work lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 152 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,281 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �608 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$113,517.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6490 Hours: 14

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEY YOU! This is another 'Nick Trick'!!!!!!!!!!!! Ignore it look forward not back For me please! Phil xxxs [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 229 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1202.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5

Reading this thread: