Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,709 Members

Please welcome our newest members: rainyjade, AJ8142, HIngle_McCringleberry, DezSkin, josephinee

Who are the Febuary 07 Quitters?

17 years ago 0 232 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here's an interesting one... Got a day off today. I took a walk in the woods and saw a lighter on the ground. At first I thought, that's pretty scummy, trashing up the woods like that. Then I looked again. I recognized that lighter. It was mine in December, when I was walking through this same woods. I was trying to quit, and in a blind fury at myself and my addiction, I heaved my pack of cigs and my lighter out into the woods (that quit lasted a week). Spring comes, snow melts, and there's my old lighter, waiting for me. I guess I'm still walking the same path, just a little further along. Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi to all! I'm still here - I plan on being like an annoying fly buzzing in your ear that you can never get rid of! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$1,136,000.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5543 Hours: 17

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Legend & Tutti, That is the cycle here at the SSC. Some stay, some go, some fall and some get back up and try again. Remember, just because they are not posting, doesn't mean there not there. Some members only read and post occasionally. Some never post at all. So keep those threads coming and take some comfort in knowing that you are helping many others you may never cross paths with but whom will always be grateful for your posts. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm still here. Health seems to be improving, keeping me motivated to stay smoke-free. Happy Thursday! Carolyn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 952 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $283.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, Checking in to let you know I am still alive and still not smoking! How great is that? REALLY great! Keep up the good work...I see some of you are posting all over the place! Good job! Motivate! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,144 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $344.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Where are all of the Febrularians? <----I have no idea what our name is. :confuse: I hope everyone is doing great this Thursday and still smoke free. Have a wonderful day. Sure would love to see everyone check in. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,032 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Legend, no need to apologize because I've been wondering the same things. I've been wondering where Niks is and thought about him/her again this morning. There are quite a few February quitters who haven't signed in for a long time now. I was reading posts earlier today under the Introduce Yourself forum, and there are quite a few people who just vanished into thin air. I think you're right. I believe that many of them are fallen soldiers. Hopefully we'll get some of them back. This war can be so exhausting. Don't you just love those "sneak attacks." UGH!!! I hope you're doing good tonight. I know you're stats look great and you're fighting the good fight. I just hope you feel good while you're doing it. LOL I'm doing pretty good. I had one of those "sneak attacks" earlier but once American Idol started, I was so interested that the cravings went away. It has to keep getting better. I sure wish I had NEVER smoked that first one. Hang on while I go and kick my own @ss. LOL Hugs and Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,013 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.94 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 232 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah, scary quiet, isn't it? I don't think I've seen a post from niks since he/she started this thread...rtchick, kygirl, janie, all missing. You have to wonder, who is doing just dandy and doesn't need SSC anymore, and who has fallen along the way. I kinda think it's mostly fallen soldiers behind us, given the odds against us. Sorry. Tired and morbid tonight. Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $73.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Hello? Is anybody here? Anybody at all? I hate it when it's this quiet. I get scared that the rapture has come and I'M STILL HERE!! :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,002 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.94 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Changing, Don't worry......breathe and drink lots and lots of water. :confuse: I'm here and doing fine. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,996 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.94 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56

Reading this thread: