Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,788 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

The power of education, mindset, thinking positive and putting it in writing

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you stormy, penguin, Danielle, faithfreedom and bj for taking the time to read....all that way to the bottom. Your comments and well wishes are much appreciated! I think I'm ready for hell week. Take care my friends and stay strong, Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$122,131.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 972 Hours: 20

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, another long one...please forgive me....read only if you're really bored or desperate to get through a craving! As some of you know, my quit date is fast approaching and I'm doing everything I can to be as ready as I can be. I've been reading for weeks but very intensely this past weekend as I prepare to end my slavery and begin my new life as a non smoker. So here are a few important (for me) random thoughts as my final days of slavery come to an end. THE POWER OF EDUCATION I have Mr. C*rr's book and I read it, and reread it as much as possible. This book was the first of several powerful educations I've undertaken in the past couple weeks. I'm here at ssc every day reading like a maniac (yes I am obsessed with this quit...yet I am using this obsession in a positive way). Wow, there are a lot of posts to go through here on ssc to get to the meat and potatoes of what I need to know to make this my final and lasting quit. Thanks to everyone who continue to bump the important ones and start the new ones! There have been a several in the past couple days that have had a big, big impact on my positive way of thinking. I've seen so many posts in the past few days from new people and some returning ones who I think would really benefit from gaining the education we all need to understand this addiction. I believe we all have to get into the correct mindset we each need to free ourselves. Sure a few will make it on willpower alone. I know I could never make it on just willpower alone as I've tried it and failed miserably. I've also tried it with NRT's and Zyban and failed because I lacked education. THE POWER OF MINDSET AND POSITIVE THINKING jaset's "Don't you people get it!!" really made me think (thanks jaset for posting and Josie for allowing tough love). If I'd seen that post even a month ago, it would have scared the beeswax out of me and maybe even sent me looking for a less intense place for information, but I would not have forgotten the truth I read and understood there. The Serenity Prayer for Smokers was truly a revelation for me. I have practiced and it really works for me! I now welcome my first crave on Jan 28th (instead of dreading it) as I have this amazingly effective tool to accept it and to know I can move past al
  • Quit Meter

$122,131.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 972 Hours: 20

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, you really moved me. Thank you Pat, you just gave me such a boost. You will succeed!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 199 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat: You are SO READY! Congratulations for taking the time and energy to plan so well for this, your FINAL quit! Your "Eviction Notice" letter was beautifully written. It literally gave me chills as I read it. You really do "get" it -- the addiction, the insidiousness of it, and most importantly, how to conquer it. Can't wait to hear more from you. Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $848 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat, Pat, I got that!!! Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,355 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $368.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 744 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, that's some powerful thoughts you got going on. From reading your post, it's obvious that you are ready. Congratulations, you've done your homework for sure. Walk into this quit with your head held high, and just do it. It's now or never. I'm behind you all the way. Thanks for sharing. ~Stormy~ [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 189 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $708.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ladycigvictor, Wow! What a wonderful post! Full of great insight! Kudos on a job well done! Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat, I am so proud to stand next to you. A year from now I want to be cheering you on as we will have walked a long and worthwhile journey together. Addicts forever... smokers no more!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think you are ready for Hell week too. My quit buddy always says "Knowledge replaces fear" Even if you don't get the mindset and the positive thinking right off the bat, just keep working on it until you do. Took me a while. Perspective takes practice. Keep your quit in perspective and take it one step at a time. You are going to be a great Quitter! Lady [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 571 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1998.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 51 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Looking forward to many more powerful posts from you. I didn't think the letter was cheesy at all. Keep it close. You will do awesome!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/10/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 257 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $138 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$330,786.98

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6033 Hours: 21

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: