Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Dont you people get it!!

17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Penguin, I hope your quit is strong. Please allow me to rebut. I not now, nor will I ever "badger, ridicule or mock" people who smoke. I was there for over 20 years my friend. I got all kinds of looks from all the non-smokers. I know how it feels to be imbarressed or looked down on. I was lectured just like all the other smokers. My post was merely my opinion. It meant to wake up some people who's quit was not in order. It was meant not to hurt, rather, to inform and to enlighten. I looked at many, many, many post on this fourm. I took everyone of them and learned. I hope you all will do the same. We are all in this together. We all have one thing in common and that will never change. That is, we were all stupid enough to start smoking in the first place. So badgering is NOT my style and it never will be. I love this fourm for many reasons and I would never stoop so low as to badger anyone. Again, please keep your quit a strong one. Keep in mind why we all want to quit and keep in mind that our life depends on it. Thanks all for reading! Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $363 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Hello Rainie, It looks like you have 2 days till your quit. Great to see that you have taken the plunge. Well, I have to let you in on a little secret. I whined, and it was at that point that I took this quit in another direction. I am no one special, I am an addict like everyone else. But whining only made it worce. You have to understand that it was your choice to smoke, no one held you down and fourced you to puff on that first cig. So you cant whine, you can whine if it was not your fault though. In 2 days, you are going to think you are wothless. You are going to feel like someone took away the only thing that was important to you. You are going to feel like killing everything that moves. You are going to shake like old people do ( not putting down old people). You are going to feel the worst feeling that you ever felt b4. But, there is going to be a bright side of the coin. You will BREATH like you did when you were 5 years old. You are going to like taking a breath of air. This will happen quickly. You are going to have more energy, you are going to feel proud that you made it through 1 day of not smoking. Here is the problem. You will start to feel great, but as your quit progresses, you will realize that everything is going good. That is, until the excitment wares off. At this point, you must think in a diffrent way. You must start to get very angry with yourself. You must continously tell yourself that your not over the hump yet, You must get mad, mad at the fact that what you did to yourself for so long was wrong. You also must hate and hate and hate the sight of ashes, cigaretts, ashtrays, cigaretts lying on the side of the road and everything that has to do with cigaretts. But it dont stop there. You must control your feeling and anxieties. You must tell yourself that your life will be pure heaven if you continue your quit. You must remain angry and dont let your guard down. By that I mean, you have to change your way of life. If you love a smoke with your coffee then you must stop the coffee. If you like to smoke with a beer, then you have to stop the beer. If you drive to work and you stop at the same store every morning, then you have to take a different route. If you like to smoke while you watch TV, guess what? You have to find another wa
interesting, cigs do piss me off! But what pisses me off more, is the gun powder that they put in the cig to keep it lit! How discussing!! What nerve! Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,339 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $363 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Need I say more? Be strong, this thing is beatable and we all can beat it. For me, it was the trigger points that I avoided and that fact that i am so sngry at what it did to me and what i did to myself. Listen people, I must say, my mother was 55 when she sat us down (i have 6 brothers) and told us that she had lung cancer. She had a soft cell tumor and it fed on the sodium that we need in our body. The tumor caused a chemicle imbalance in her brain and thus, it caused her to lose her mind. IT WAS HORRIBLE AND FRIGHTENING. We were devastated. She was treated with chemo for 4 months and she could take no more. Stick with your quit and fight, you will be ok! Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,376 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $374 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Rainie, With that attitude, you will MAKE IT! I am convinced! Your quit will be strong. Keep your guard up tomorrow, remember all the posts that you read, this is important. One more thing my friend, if it gets bad, you can rely on the support crew for any help. You can also rely on all of us, we wont let you down cuz we all care a lot about you and now we care about your 18 year old. Keep your quit strong! Good luck Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,377 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $374 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
I read these threads and sometimes I get crazy, mad, understanding and most times I get pi**ed! Some of you say, "im going to try to quit" "im scared" "i hope i can do it" " im not sure if i can". Please, please step back and look at yourselvs and your life. Think of what you have to lose by smoking and who you are hurting if not already hurt. Look at the consequences if your attitude is not superior. You have to put all your attention, your efforts, all your knowledge and all your will power to beat this thing. You cant have an attitude like " ill try to quit" " i hope this time i will do it" "im scared". Scared??? you have no idea what scared is. If you think your scared now to quit, wait till that doctor tells you that you have terminal lung cancer so get your afairs in order. Thats when you should be scared. Dont be scared to quit!! OMG! Get with it. This is a life or death situation people. You only have 2 choices, you either quit, or you die! There is no iron lung that is on the market that will save you and lung transplants dont work yet. So if you all want to live to see your kids grow up or to see your grand children grauate from school, i highly suggest you take a more positive attitude. If you start spitting blood, you might as well put your head between your legs and kiss your ash goodby. Cuz your time will be short and activities will be limited. So who ever reads this and is thinking about puffing or is too scared to quit, think of how you will tell your loved ones that you have lung cancer. Explain to them how you are coughing up blood and what it feels like. Tell them that you were to scared to quit and you were weak. Tell them that you are sorry, but you cant be with them any longer cuz you couldnt beat your addiction. Tell them how you gave up and you lost at the one most important thing that you couldnt do! Smarten up people! Keep your head right and concintrate on what you are doing and it probably wouldnt hurt to keep your God close to your heart and ask him to help you with this sever problem you have. Keep the faith! Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,317 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 45
Josie, you have my ut most respect! :) Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,319 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 318 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is the best stuff I have read since I have been here. LOVE IT. I want to say what you said all the time. But couldn't find the words. That would get on the board. Congratulations to you Jaset. [IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p178/Trailbum/horse-ontrail.gif[/IMG] PAT [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,146 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think that I am the odd man out here. I'm afraid I was so tired of hearing how stupid I was (Yes, I knew what I was doing to myself but I believed that I was destined to die a smoker). I was ashamed of my addiction but every criticism made me dig my heals in harder...every time someone made a snide remark, it either hurt my feelings or made me angry. (When I was hurt and angry, I smoked) When I came to this room, I had no idea what I was doing or how I was going to do it. I needed someone to help me to believe that this was possible. I found so many people who were "scared" just like me but they were doing it (or had already done it)....and as time went on I gained the confidence to believe that I could quit. I guess that's the great thing about this room...we are all all unique and each quit is different. Thank you for a thought-provoking post jaset. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,677 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $665 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaset Can you be a littlemore forthright with your opinions please.?? Seriously great post wish I had written it. SO TRUE! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 167 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,509 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �876.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: