Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,671 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Why are some days so great and others not?

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I thought about smoking just once today. A few days ago at work I was a basket case? Any chance it's a thing of the past (smoking and thinking about it)? Seriously, could I just move on and that is the end of it? I'll stay on Chantix for life if I have to. I wonder if by the time i'm off Chantix, it'll be a no brainer? I didn't want to offend anyone with this. I'm really just dreaming I'm sure - but today was a GOOD day for a change. Hmmm. Anyone else? marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
PS: Some may be confused with my days - the original post meant yesterday as I don't get home from work until after midnight and today's post is re today LOL. Marie
Thanks. In no way do I want to sound smug, oh my never. I had to run my sister to 3 doctors today and boy, oh boy, I had a massive craving, Chantix or not ;) I took deep breaths and it passed. I'm on Chantix for 3 weeks about ? (December 24). I wonder about Chantix, I'm becoming obsessed with Chantix. But I obsess about everyting. I could see myself (oh, NO I can't)? caving if something catastrophic happened, another death, we've had too many deaths in a row that I couldn't tolerate that right now. I have to think about this - people die, I'm so worried about my Mom, she's very sick (she's a strong woman, very strong, who gets sick more easily as the years pass). Sigh. I don't know what to think today. But I didn't smoke so that makes me happy. Thanks for your feedback and for being there. Everyone I know is tired of listening to me LOL. Marie
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My 2 cents (and I could be wayyy off base for you) is that the severity of cravings vs. the ease of a quit is dependent upon live circumstances. This is not reflective only of events in one's life, but also of our thoughts and perceptions. Like sometimes those emotions that will break over us like a wave, independent of what is in our face. This would really apply to those of us who have incorporated smoking into our coping mechanisms. And, this is above and beyond the physical addiction. Put them together and that may be an explanation as to why we smoke when we are ticked off, stressed, anxious, depressed, contemplative, rewarding, happy, etc., etc., etc. Some of us have done this more years than we have not. It's no wonder that it can be hard. Now, for why it can be easy sometimes? That I do not know. Sorry can't help you there I guess. It took this post for me to realize this. Glad you had a good day. Hope tomorrow goes just as smoothly. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 149 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
so true HealerWithin. that's what i'm trying to do and right now it's working. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marie, it really sounds as though the chantix works well, I can't say that at 9 days I would have thought about smoking only once. Probably more like 100 times. Congratulations on your quit, and you'll know when you're ready to stop the chantix, until then do whatever keeps you quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $599.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh Marie Yes I have good days and bad days but I guess I always did. I am not as happy go lucky as I used to be and my temper is a lot shorter....... But its getting better slowly... And I wont smoke SO THERE!!! Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 157 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,301 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �824.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Marie, Even when we smoked, we had good days and bad days. That won't change just because we no longer smoke. You'll still have good and bad days. The thing is, it's great that you're feeling the freedom from quitting, and I hope that that continues for you. Just never let your guard down. The nicodemon is ALWAYS waiting for just that opportunity. But it's great that you're feeling good today and about your quit. Use this strength and the knowledge of what this freedom feels like on days when you're not so confident and are thinking that "just one" will help you. Use today to remind yourself that it DOES get better and that you just have to wait it out. Congrats on 9 days! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 441 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,042 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1821.33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Marie, Since I quit smoking ALL my days are great!!! You know why that is? It's because I am sooo happy that I quit. After smoking for 40 years I did it and I have never felt better, stronger and healthier in my whole life. So There !!! That are 286 days of feeling fantastic. Love Dutch xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 286 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,584 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �843.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
freedomforme, There will be freedom for you. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Everyone is different, but for me, after my first month ... the craves were gone and I am not obsessed with thinking about smoking or quitting ... I am a non smoker ... I am too busy living my life now. It is wonderful and you will get there. Patience and perseverance. Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 245 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $980 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$54,520.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5958 Hours: 4

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: