Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Would you like a mentor? (Take 2)

17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would really like to have a mentor. Just someone to talk to, not only about the quit, but life after the quit. Maybe through e-mail mostly though, as my kids make it difficult to spend any amout of time sitting. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 617 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really need a mentor!! I think it would greatly help me to talk to someone when I'm really craving one! (And I know my family is sick of mentoring my quit attempts!! ) Thanks to anyone that wants to help me.
17 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'd love a mentor! I'm excited but scared to death! My cigs are almost gone then that's it!! This is my 6th quit in 31 years. I posted an introduction and I'm happy to be here! I'd love someone close to my age, if possible, but it doesn't matter too much. However, I'd prefer someone who smoked for a long time and was at least a pack a day smoker. Thanks in advance!!
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'd be interested in a mentor. But I have some specific preferences. I'd like a closet smoker who smoked less than a pack a day because they'd understand some of the feelings I had/have coming into this quit. If this describes you, let me know by post &/or IM. Thanks! - Freemom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$119,533.93

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6401 Hours: 2

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would love a mentor. I had thought about that last week. As some brilliant person said on this site, your family starts to see you as a non-smoker and forgets to give you support and praise. They do not realize that you are still struggling to keep your quit. It would be helpful to have someone who has gone through the same thing to be there to listen and also kick be in the pants when needed. Any takers out there would first need to teach me how to IM. I have not had any success with that so far. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 526 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
T, I would mentor you, but I'm still fresh! I just wanted to say good luck with your quit and welcome. I lived here for the first couple of weeks then life got busy, but I do come and lurk and post now and again. I wish you the best of luck :) Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $277.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I would love to have a mentor and a friend to lean on here. I'll come back to see if anyone is interested. Marie I posted my introduction and have been prolific today but would not have gotten through the day without the support here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Beep Beep Beep.....LIZ Yes, I am one the Chantix helped better than Wellbutrin.... I strongly recommend it. Taken as directed, it gives you a week to get your ducks in a row. As your countdown week is happening before you actually give up the cigs...(learn about the addiction, make your defense plan, and set your quit date) your craving for the smoke lessens...and if you'll use a little common sense... As each countdown day comes...take one trigger moment and change it, for example ...if you light up after dinner....don't light up immediately....do something else...dishes (lol) or take a walk outside for the 5-7 minutes you normally would smoke. Point: Try to change the routine...do something else instead of smoke. I started getting up immediately from the dinner table and clearing the table, by the time I had that done...hubby had gone to the livingroom to have his smoke, and I would just go ahead and do the dishes....(so instead of putting the smoke off for 5 minutes...it was delayed 30 minutes)and this routine became a habit during that 1st week. so when the Quit Date came...I already had given up my after dinner smoke. Anyway...Chantix has taken away the need for the smoke. I'm not saying it will stop the craves completely...but believe me as a cold-turkey quitter for 10 years...these are mild.... auntdeb ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,975 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $185.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sure :) Not really sure how much I log into here, but I try to get in every other day or so :)
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I'm new, I'm not really struggling at the moment, but if anyone wants to mentor me... or wants a quit-buddy... :)

Reading this thread: