Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,702 Members

Please welcome our newest members: plouds, koalablind, Jen S, CBEA KATRINA, LLYKA

Do you Really want that Smoke ? Why?

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I believe it...chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, COPD, emphysemia, lung cancer, artery disease, strokes, heart disease. These would show up on my list of why to quit smoking. Thanks for the stats! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 495 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stickin, Actualy more peolpe die from smoke related illinesses than people die from car recks. Also more than any other form of death, accidental or sickness. GRACE
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do you Really want that Smoke � Why? I saw an article in the paper the other day about the number of smoking related deaths in the USA. I was astonished to find that number to be 400,000. Does that number sound right? Yikes! If you are sitting on the fence contemplating quitting, this may help point you in the right direction. If you can�t find a good enough reason to quit, consider who will take care of your spouse, children and grandchildren in the coming years should you fall victim to the curse of the nicodemon, and you end of paying the ultimate price. Time to start planning that quit date now; doing your homework and getting it started. The sooner the better cause you won�t know for years that you stopped in time to prevent being inflicted with cancer. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 311 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1632.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 58 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the insight stickin! There are many reasons and choices that one can make :) We are always here for support and knowledge and our program is free. Take the opportunity to join us and let us guide you through :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: