Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

A Change in Thinking!

17 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, you are so sweet. You were one the first people who reached out to me when I first joined so thank YOU. I hope you do this 100%. I hope we all do. :) Good luck sweetie.
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today was a very unique day. Despite being on 6th day of my quit, this is the first day that I can honestly say that I have some confidence that I can quit. I also realized that I have been preparing for this quit for over 15 years. In my 20's I decided to cut smoking out of my mornings. It gave me headaches and made me feel tired. In my early 30's I decided to add a regular exercise routine into my life and I have continued to exercise 2- 3 times per week. In my late 30's I decided to delay that first cigarette until the end of the day. That step was the toughest one. I ate so many candies every afternoon and had so many lollypop's that my mouth was full of cankers. You know I NEVER congratulated myself for any of the steps I took. I continued to beat myself up to the point where I believed that there was no hope that I could ever stop quitting. I still have alot of steps left to go. Right now I am learning how to go day by day without smoking. There will come a time when I am going to have to learn how drink alcohol without smoking (the end of September actually) and I am going to have to learn to deal with big life stressors. Today I felt angry at all those people who were ever critical or put me down for smoking. I was quite capable of doing this myself. I appreciated all of those people who loved me anyway and wanted me to quit for my own good. I think those people who are so negative just serve to destroy our self-confidence more. I've read the posts of the people who have battled the major hurdles and the people who are beating themselves up for slipping or for not being ready. Those successes inspire me and I feel so much for the people that are being so hard on themselves. To all those negative people in my life (Thank God they are few) - thanks for nothing. To the people in this room - Thanks for everything! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 134 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Windy, It's a great post ! Very inspiring ! Please keep it up ! I don't drink alcohol, but I do drink a lot of coffee ! Previously, I must have a cigarette -- or two, three ... -- with my coffee ! It's okay now, I don't need a cig with my coffee anymore ! It's getting better every day ... Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 239 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $115 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, It sounds like you are taking a smart approach and are starting to have a good outlook on this! You CAN do this! Congratulations on 6 days! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 324 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1338.12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Windy, I am rooting for you! Day 6, the hard days, and oh how the withdrawals play games with our body and mind. Stay solid with your game plan. Take a shower, go to bed early, drink water, connect with you and talk to you, etc. You will be able to drink without smoking in a short while. How can I help you? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 238 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,582 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1249.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, you're doing it one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,455 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $388 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good post, Windy...sounds like you have things figured out and you are going strong in your quit! Keep it up! :)
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Windy, What a wonderful post! It sounds like your making great progress in your quit and on a personal level. Keep it up and thanks for sharing! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do this! If I can - you can! There are some very positive people here - but beware - also some very negative ones too - ignore them and you will find youself on the way to a very successful quit! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 216 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,501 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1620 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi windy - Congratulations, my friend - you are doing beautifully! Take the positive and the love and support - and let the rest go (as Cobenfan and I say - step over the garbage, don't go through it)... In all places in this world ~ including the Internet, there are negative and positive souls. So make sure to trust your intuition (people and situations are not always what they seem) and bring into your life those who bring their love and support ~ whether a friend or a stranger. Stay focused, friend - and make sure to reward yourself! Love and Blessings! Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 196 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,886 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $911.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13

Reading this thread: