Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

Do we help you with your quit?

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are my heroes! I don't really post a lot, but I have been lurking and reading. The posts that carry the most weight with me are from the ones who have quit the longest! The 'elders' are very encouraging, motivating, and helpful. I do realize that had I not relapsed about a year ago after a quit of 2-1/2 years (approximately 912 days) - I could have been one as well. The fact that you are all still here is a testament to your characters in that you truly want to help other people during this journey. Maybe if I'd found this site long before, I may not have relapsed at all. The support is tremendous, the camraderie is great. I also like when you "guys" post older threads that you know will benefit us newbies. sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 97 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Do you help with our quit? How could we quit wihtout you is more like the question. Where would we find the courage? Where would we get the neat little tips like "smoking a straw". Who would we turn to when we needed advice? This site would be pointless wihtout you. :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Absolutely you help. I am 3 days away from quit day and it is so comforting to know that others have gone before me and are still "Quit". I love to look at your quit meters and see how many days you have quit and how much money you have saved and how much time you have added back to your life. That gives me encouragement that I can do it to. When I hear your struggles then I know what is ahead and how you got through it. So please keep responding and helping those of us who are new to the quit club. Thanks for quitting so we know we can do it too. CDS [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You lot on here and I mean, ALL OF U are the best...1 days or 10 years quit, your on here and thats all that matters... Thanks for Everything--All of U Jacko(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 888 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You know, I didn't even need to read everything in between. Quitters who have been quit longer give me strength, courage, knowledge and the common sense to continue. Thanks for holding my hands up in battle to all before me. Navigator. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 578 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This site helps me a whole lot, Old and new quitters like me,bring me insight and help me carry on each day, It is not an easy journey as you all know but when you feel you are not doing it alone and have support no matter what and not be judged it is the best help a person can ask for. Thank you all for being so understanding and comforting in times of need :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 509 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $132 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The older quitters are very important to my quit lady. I respect their opinions. For a start you have quit for far longer than I have ever managed to do. You know when they say that parents teach by example? its kind of like that (which is why I do sometimes get upset if people brag about slipping) as I do look up to those people and those views. I look up to those that have high stats, and i really do take seriously the advice that is given. if nobody with high stats posted. I would really think that nobody quits for long anyway. But you people with the long stats, you show me every single day, that it is possible it can be acheieved. You are a great inspiration. I only hope that one day in the future, I have as high a stats and i can be as good an example and inspiration, as you are to people, and certainly have been to me. PS i have missed seeing you around lately Lady. I really do enjoy reading your posts. They have a wisdom, gentleness and inspiration about them. Thats my view. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 835 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �247.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, there is no way I could have gotten even this far without them! The "old timers" are what the whole site is all about! Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,063 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$74,923.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6522 Hours: 19

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I miss old timers in a big way. And that is all I've got to say about that. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,911 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $252 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$54,489.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 18

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lady, Thank you for sending this question out into the SSC. Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: