Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

My daughter decided to quit too!!!!!

18 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ohh mama forgot to tell you--I have read your threads and i have similar experience as you have with smoking and alcohol etc ann [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
18 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW!! Im soo glad she gives up now and not later!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $238.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow, what great news mama. It is fantastic that she has decided to join you. Goes to show that she still models you even at this age. You must be so relieved that she has decided to follow your lead. What an incentive to keep your quit going strong. How lucky you are to have someone to work through your quit with, to hold hands and hang on tight while you ride out the storm. You know what its all about, you know how hard it is. She is very lucky to have such a great mama like you!!! My Mum quit 18 months ago. I figured that if miss 50 a day for 40 years could do it, I could. She has been a tower of strength and full of advice. I am 29 and still respect and model her. Great to see that meter growing again mama, I have been watching out for you, you are doing SO well. You CAN do this, and so can your daughter. Please pass on my encouragement to her!!! Jo xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 431 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my check in for this morning. I am feeling really pretty good and GUESS WHAT-MY DAUGHTER HAS DECIDED TO QUIT TOO!!!! It's really kind of a funny thing because the reason she wants to quit is funny. When I quit, I told her that I wouldn't buy her cigs anymore, (she is not quite 18) and she had her grandmother buy her some. (she has a job so she could pay for them). Well, my mother bought her a carton of Kools, which are menthol and harsher than what we normally would buy. So she is not feeling well and the menthol is making her cough. I am certainly not going to tell her that she would be fine if she went back to our non menthol light brand!!! So she is going to quit when she runs out. She smokes very little at this point so she may not have much trouble, but i told her if she does, I will gladly pay for some patches for her too. I am so happy that soon there will not be any cigs in my house. That is going to make it soooooo much easier for me! Today is my doctors appointment and I am going to ask for Zyban too. I'll let you know how it goes tonight. How is everyone doing? Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$75,028.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6531 Hours: 22

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, my daughter has three days complete now. I put her in on the site only so that she could have a quit meter to look at. She is not interested in the board at all, but she has three days, she went cold turkey and so she has no nicotine in her body!!! How about that. My quit, hard as it has been is doing some profound good! We are stopping the family cycle of alcohol and smoking! I am touched beyond belief by this, and now, I absolutly must not fail! Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$75,028.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6531 Hours: 22

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm truly happy for you Mama. I can't imagine seeing any of my children smoke. It would break my heart. Now I know how my Mother has felt all these years. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/smiley_abcr.gif[/IMG] *Breaking Free runs off to call her Mommy* [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
  • Quit Meter

$54,566.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 3

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wonderful news you guys! I'm super happy for you and yours. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $188 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$54,566.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 3

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
And that's going to make it easier for you Really pleased for you! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 128 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,861 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mama, Phenomenal news - good, she is too young to smoke. Not that it's okay later on either. :confuse: NO SMOKING! The kewl thing is now YOU will now have EACH OTHER to lean on! CobenFan
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mama & daughter - glad to hear things are going well and thanks for letting us know. Congratulations!!! Mama, I convinced MY Mama to try quitting. She is almost two weeks! It's great! CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,604 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $329 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: