Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,699 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CBEA KATRINA, LLYKA, aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH

Got to get easier soon... doesn't it?

18 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ronko - hang in there - I know exactly how you feel - been there, felt that. But it does get easier - I too live with a smoker who has been very supportive - it does make it a bit harder. I refuse to become a sanctimonious (sp?) none smoker - I am hoping that he will follow my lead when he realizes I'm not going to harp on him about it. My son quit a year ago and was quite verbal about my smoking - needless to say he is very happy now. So keep it up - you really are doing great! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 663 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
  • Quit Meter

$236,282.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5932 Hours: 7

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone for listening to me whine and pout. Today seems to be a "Whoe is me" day. I'm not like this... I called it a "day" early today. I just didn't feel like dealing with people. Take care, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know everyone is different... But man, Saturday was crappy, (I sat in Goverment meetings all day); Sunday was good, now today I want to smoke, maybe even have a beer and a smoke at 9 a.m. Between the hot flashes, the weight gain, the general s*#@ feeling, and pressure my smoking wife is feeling (even though she is proud of me and is smoking outside or in the basement now), I keep telling myself this is worth it. And hopefully I won't kill anybody while doing fire inspections. Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Ronko If telling yourself that "this is worth it" gets you through, then keep it up. All the "symptoms", the crazy thoughts will change, pass, be different in time ... "This will pass", the weeks will start passing more quickly and there will be moments that are easier than others. Keep strong, keep on quitting! If does get better! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 632 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $232.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ronko!! Welcome to the other side of hell week, Heck week! Not as bad but not great either. You are beating a tough addiction. It is not going to be easy. I quit cold turkey and after 36 days I am very happy with my decision. I still have those days though. Yesterday was one of them! Just be strong. I love the fact that I control my life now, not smoking, not the addiction, but me! I chose not to smoke. I chose to be smarter than that! Knowledge my friend. Gain all that you possibly can! It makes it alot easier when you know whatever you can about what you are battling. Read posts here. Post here. There is so much to know. So many things that will make you so proud of your decision to quit and help you keep that decision. Yes I was an addict. Yes I will always battle this. Yes I will always win!!! You can too if you really want to! The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ronko, I just made it to day 70!!!! I am here to tell you it does get easier!! And Tougher at times too. I had a bad weekend and thanks to the fantastic people here I made it through. You can too! I just keep reminding myself to just hang on. I'm going out today to buy one of those stress balls. Maybe that would help you too. charlie girl
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ron....Yes. it does get easier. Congratulations on making it through Hell week. That first week isn't called Hell week for nothing! Take some deep breaths, drink a lot of water, and keep telling yourself it's worth it because it really is. Every day is one day closer to never feeling this way again. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 262 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,248 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $917 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ronko, do you know what you get when you haven't smoked for a week? A big fat reward!!! So get you to a bookstore or an electronics store and buy a book or CD. Or go out for a great meal. Or do something meaningful to you. And while you're at it, plan out your rewards for your next milestones. You are doing it!!! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 462 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,949 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1617 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 63 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$55,068.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 650 Hours: 8

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ronko, Look at your stats, you made it the first week! This is great :) You will be tempted and aggravated and this is normal. Take some you time and relax. This can be anything you enjoy, such as your favorite movie,book or even a nice walk. By rewarding yourself at these milestones you will continue to set goals and meet them with determination and drive. Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: