Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

THE "JUST ONE" BLUES

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
N2K, Thanks for the bump. Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump for Uknow who ;)
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
smoggone, You are well into this quit. 214 days is amazing my friend. You are doing fantastic. Keep it up. Be proud of your accomplishments! Take Care, Melanie ________________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smoggon i know what yore saying in 1996 i lost a 11 month quit becauce i thought i could have just one. Well here it is 10 years later still smoking Smoky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smoggone, Thanks for sharing that even you pros have your moments of crazy mind talk. It gives this amateur hopes that I too will get through them. I'm with you Kitty, that quote is awesome Brenna!!! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/w00t.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,269 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $431.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks [i]It's better to be a non smoker with an occastional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [/i] Cuddles [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 152 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $25.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenna, the SSC should use that quote for the quote of the day. It is stellar! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/16/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 159 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,919 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1049.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bump for Uknow who
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
(My=MIND) Keep in mind. Sorry.
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I�m excited to see you Janet! :) Longtime no type girl! You are having the thourges huh? [b]�Thourges�[/b] (N2k vocabulary for �thought-urges�). Which one are you having the Brain Breeze or the Wandering Mind? -The BRAIN BREEZE quickly blows past you like wind blowing pages of an open book. -The WANDERING MIND is the WAYWARD WIND. If you allow yourself to drift you can easily end up in the nicodemon�s play ground. (Yes, I am making these titles up as I go ;) but it�s based on truth. It�s My perception of reality so humour me~lol) In either case it helps me to immediately ask myself: -Why right here, right now? -Where is the trigger? I go into Columbo (detective) mode and my thoughts focus on the source. Sometimes the source is easy to spot. (U smell someone smoking, you just finished a chore, etc. and you simply tell yourself �Oh. there it is! Okay.) Other times it takes more analysis. I have noticed sometimes the brain breezes occur when �some thing� is ABOUT to happen. It takes me awhile to figure out which �emotion� my brain thinks it needs to suppress. That�s really the core of it. It can be anything. (hunger, self-pity, frustration, stress, anger, happiness) Shevie�s allergic reaction to smog manifesting itself as a drawn out low level crave is another great example. The (ex) smoker�s brain wants to do what it has always done. Alert you to smoke for what ails you. *Darth Vader Voice* "ONE LUKE, JUST SMOKE ONE!" We outsmart our brain when we do what you are already doing so well. [u]We just don't smoke.[/u] Rewarding ourselves for it (Like Katy says~lol) helps the brain to heal faster. (That's my take on it anyway. Keep in my I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia. :eg:) Janet~ [u]Thank you[/u] for dropping by two of my places earlier! I�m telling you here so that I can bump your stuff instead of mine. [i]�I believe�[/i] head strong reformed smoking couch potatos make it! [url=http://planetsmilies.net][img]http://planetsmilies.net/10782.gif[/img][/url] [color=blue]~[font=Arial]all the best[/font][/color] [img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6922/n3us.gif[/img][size=3][color=blue]2[/color][/size][img]http://img

Reading this thread: