Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

HELP...I smoked today...after 2 months of quit...am I done????

18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone, thanks for all the helpful advice, I'm still here and still not smoking...my other situation has gotten worse though, hopefully it will pass soon. thanks for everything.
18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First off...i know i'm stupid...but things happened in my life all of a sudden and at the time it made good sense...now i feel horrible about doing it...I smoked 3 times today, this morning, at lunch and about an hour ago...will my withdrawl symptoms start all over again if I quit now??? This has nothing to do with if I quit or not...I already took the pack that I found in glove box and destroyed them...crushed them all in my hand...I'm just worried...I couldnt sleep for nearly a month after quiting...God please tell me it doesnt all start over again....AHHHHHHHHHHhhh WHY DID I DO IT?????
18 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am new to this site. I am almost 4 weeks and I am haveing a hard time. I hope it passes soon. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 493 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley, do not beat yourself up over this. You are not stupid, hear? The most important factor is that you realize what a mistake this was, and that you were honest enough to share this with us. I feel that honesty is a very important step to recovery, and that you can do it. Please, let us now how you're doing. Hope to hear from you soon. Gaby [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 289 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
18 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley your not stupid and you can't beat yourself up for this. Brush yourself off & get back to work on your quit. Attitude is everything! No more should of, could of, would of or what if's. I know i may sound harsh but this is the way of thinking that got me through my quit so far. I know everyone is different but i always told myself that failure is not an option. I've also started reading which is something i never really cared for in the past but i'm learning to enjoy it. When i do feel a craving coming on i do some deep breathing, have you tried that? I have found it helps me. You ARE worth it, don't sell yourself short. Remember that there used to be a time in your life when you weren't addicted and you can have that again. You don't need cig's no matter how much the little voice tells you that you do. Start over and don't look back!! Get on this site everyday and keep talking to us..we all want you here and we all will support you. Good Luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bad stuff happens whether we are smokers or not....take it on the chin and get on with it. You are not stupid...you are an addict like the rest of us. Your "slip" was similar to mine, I smoked a few cigars on an evening out with a bit too much to drink and felt just like you. I did get withdrawral again, but not as badly as the first time. It served as a good reminder that I DID NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN! Learn from it, pick yourself up and get on with your quit......knowing that none of us can have even a single puff without the risk of the full blown addiction again. Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 382 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley, Read the following...hope it helps. Don't be negative. It's been said that the average person has approximately 66,000 thoughts in a given day, and two-thirds of them are negative. We can be so hard on ourselves! Don't beat yourself up for things you can't change, such as the years you spent smoking. Don't look at past quit attempts as failures. Learn from the experiences you've had and move on. Think about all of the positive changes you're creating in your life. Successful long-term cessation always starts in the mind. Focus on your purpose and develop an attitude of gratitude. We have a way of believing what we tell ourselves over and over. Don't feed yourself negatives. Affirm the changes you are working to create in your life, and action will follow more easily. Tony :) Ash Kickin Joker [color=navy][size=4]Attitude of Gratitude[/color][/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 614 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't be too hard on yourself. I had a few slips also. Be strong. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 233 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,676 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1048.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey there Ashley, how's the quit going? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 234 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,693 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1053 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ashley...congratulations on your decision to quit. After two months you smoked 3 cigarettes. Now you know that they did absolutely nothing for you and you have an idea of what it feels like not to smoke. Work the program tools to the left, develop some coping skills and let's get this quit thing done. You are perfectly capable of quitting for good. Smoking kills. You want to live, so don't smoke. N.O.P.E. That is how every last one of us quits. Not One Puff Ever. Keep doing that and you will do just fine. Post if you need help. That is why we are here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 213 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,277 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $745.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6

Reading this thread: