Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

start of a bad day ...

15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like you had a productive day non the less.  Keep on keeping on!  I would sleep 24/7 if I didn't work.  That is why I must work!!!!!
Goofy

hi gang.
It is Monday pm and I have slept the day away. 
 I have noticed that I have been getting 6.5 to 8 hours of sleep but my sleep cycle has gone from 8:30 pm to 12 pm bed-time!!!  it is why I need a better tracking agenda. 

So I told my chouette I would stay home and rest. The cat (tigre-botte) and I slept from 10 am to 2:30pm on the sofa! It feels good my body is rested. My mind is clearer. 
I am a disgusting mess, but a well rested unwashed disgusting mess. 

After the circus, the birthday party and the moving of the brother in-law, I came home and watched tv till 1am. Too tired to sleep, I guess.  I am not the strongest at moving furniture up and down stairs ... but chouette and I have moved so much stuff together that - we know when we are ready to lift, release, and fall with only a sound or a breath -  and when tired (like last night at 10pm chouette works poorly with others. So we carried the 27" TV down to the basement!  and my legs still feel it today!!!.
15 years ago 0 185 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like too being alone in my home. Just to go for a shower listening to music and reading something. Even cleaning....  I feel free and not being judged by anybody.
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wildcat!

Oh peacefully alone sounds nice! Sounds like you had a fun weekend! And I get what you mean about how we change and we get comfortable with things we weren't comfortable with before! I used to hate being alone at home too! But I enjoy having time to myself now too!

Anyway, keep me postedon how you are doing!
Sounds like you've had quite the eventful weekend wildcat!
Glad to hear that you are managing to get a little rest amongst all of your weekend activities!

Congrats on all of your successes this weekend

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
Hi gang.

I was supposed to do a few hours of work this weekend and I am getting as much rest as I can instead!
I sent my chouette to do the groceries alone and beaded with the kids saturday.  My little cocotte went to her cousin's for her 5th birthday sleep-over, so we are all meating at the circus later today. 

This morning it is coffee laundry and computer.  My son with with chouette to move stuff from the brother-in-law's this am.  So I am peacefully alone!  To think a few years ago I would have been afraid to be alone and would have run out to 'do something' now I am fine with it.

Time changes the us all in little ways and we change oueselves in the ways that matter.
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HEllo Wildcat,

I am really glad to see the pills kicked in eventually and that your day got better. I am glad you are doing better. Please keep us posted.
15 years ago 0 142 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
make tea out of the leaves - just rinse them off - use fresh or tie together and hang upside down till they dry out - then put in pot w/strainer of some kind, boiling water, let soak 5 minutes - i add a little sweet/low - very very relaxing and the steam is good for your skin! yes i put herbs in tub, too. have you tried rosemary!? best way is to boil fresh in big pot and add pot to tub. i think aromatherapy is very helpful! candles, herbs, flowers, also spray on wrists my 360* perfume-it relaxes me.whatever works! right?

oh yes ... the mint grows really well because of the compost we put on it in the fall.

Hi gang,
I took the meds as I was leaving the house yesterday morning. I usually take them in the evening (so the effexor's worst sleepiness is at night!!!).  I have a pill box in my supper time place.  I have an alarm that will not leave me alone till I take them and the kids know that it I close the alarm I better be drinking water or they get to scold me!!! and they love it!!!

But wednesday nite between the danse class and the rock climbing class resigtrations and the pizza ... and the stuff for cold luches and the stop at the reptile store (oh the reptile store !!! my son did not realze that small reptiles need small meals and BIG reptiles need BIG meals!!!).  So I shut the alarm, stuffed pizza down my throat in front of the TV and fell unconscious in bed .,.. without my pills.

Anyways, I was better in the afternoon and back up and running in the evening. A good thing because there was a crazy crowd lined up in the middle of the parking lot waiting 45 minutes for swim lessons!  and no one - even those with strollers and littles would move for the cars coming to park!  Chouette and I could not believe it!  we laughted most of the evening!

The gang at the office was worried about me in the am at work.  It shows right away when something is wrong with me.  I would never make a living gambling! So I did my thing and slowly came back from the tombs.  I felt right on time from work. no extras ... maybe this weekend... I'll see.  I willnot push it but I need the cash, I did some things while I was cycling and my finances are a bit shaky and with the round of kiddie activities I am broke.

You know ROSIE, you have given me an idea!  I have mint that has flowered on the side of the house and is inetable (too strong) but would make an excellent mentrual time soak - relaxing, fragrante, with that tingle to the skin!!!

Reading this thread: