Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

My marriage is in crisis...

15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
huskybear,

Welcome to our support community, you have come to a great place
We are here to help and support you in whatever you need. Have you begun reading through the program? If not, please do! After you complete the first session, you might want to look at the section on "Relationships". You may find it helpful. Also please take the time to explore the tools and resources that are available to you through this site. It is great to hear that you are ready to focus on you. Good on ya!
Please stay close, and keep us posted on how you are doing,

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Huskybear,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing with us. Yes, depression can make being in a relationship much harder. And the reverse can be true too. The thing is, you are ultimetely the only one who can know what will be beneficial for you in the long run. For me, I believe it is staying and working on my marriage for others it is leaving. Whatever you choose though we will be here to support you!
15 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I am new to this web site but I am not new to depression and not new to it's devastating effect on my relationships. I have been married twice and lost both those marriages. All be it both of my wives also struggled with depression as well. The stress of what it takes to function as a married couple seems to be more than I can cope with and my depression becomes so much more very more severe than when I am alone. I say this as I have been living and functioning rather well for4 years and then last year I met and fell in love and got married again and now I have been declining ever since into deeper depression again. The stress of what is involved in making a relationship work, resolving conflict, adjusting to change, and so forth seems to just drain me. I am feeling so insane that I just want to leave. In my previous marriages it was my wives who did the leaving, I did not want them to leave, their leaving devastated me, they needed to leave for their own self preservation. Now I feel I need to leave for my self preservation.
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
diva,
it is wonderful to hear from you!

I am happy for the Good news.  I hope you have told!  you husband all this... I bet he really needs to hear it and know that all his efforts are appreciated.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great to hear Diva
I am so glad that things are going well.

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
Hello,

I think me and my husband are finally starting to get somewhere. He seems more understanding. I think his new job, the fact he feels good at it helps him feel better. I think that is a factor. But anyway, he seems to be more patient and understanding. He still plays video games A LOT!, but he is more careful to give me some of hid time too. He is being very supportive of me and even the fact that I have stopped working. Even though I don't make money he doesn't make me feel bad for it. He doesn't ever make me feel bad for sleeping a lot. In fact, he gently chides me when I feel guilty. 

For the first time in a long time I feel understood. He beleives me that I am sick and he respects it. He also respects the limits of my anxiety. I feel more loved even though is still a hard core gamer. For the first time in a long time I don't feel afraid that he will leave if I am not "good" enough. I don't feel so lonely anymore.

We are still in therapy. That I am very impressed with. 

I really think things are coming around.
15 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva,   Glad to see you had a lovely birthday and that you are feeling more positive and hopeful about your marriage.   As mom of 3 has said, keep working together and keep up with the therapy.   Best of luck,     Faryal, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi  Diva,

I too wonder if you've been doubting his love for you.  If he has gone out of his way then he does love you and may just have trouble with showing it.  Or he gets wrapped up in his own problems and shuts down like I do - gaming is a way of shutting down.  Keep working together, I think you can work it out and come to an understanding of each other that will lead to a love deeper than you've ever known.  But it will take both of you.

God bless Diva!!
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
diva,
did you ever doubt the love and caring beneath the rough exterior?
Hey Wildcat,

Sorry to hear your bubbly tasted yucky...But at least he tried, no?

Hey Mom of 3,

Thanks for the support. There are still issues between me and him but it really helped that he was so great for my birthday and such. It really made me feel loved and cared for. We still have to work hard to fix things and there is still fighting if we are not careful but at least now I feel like there is hope and like despite the excessive gaming, he does love me and care for me. So that is definitely and improvement!

Reading this thread: