Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

New thing for u ........ and my probs....

13 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
  Acceptance and Change.  Do Them Slowly with Awareness.
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mitali,

There is only so much we can do to help you 'solve' your problems, but you are also doing lots to help yourself. Have you investigated CBT (cognitive behavior therapy)? It is excellent for teaching you to changing your thought patterns. It might be a good idea to check with your counsellor about that. It is easy to think poorly about yourself when it probably seems like nothing is going right for you. I agree with Ashley's suggestion to take things one at a time, and put your current health (mental health) as a priority. The future will take care of itself- it always does!

Please keep looking at your successes. You have a lot of insight and self-awareness! Set goals that are realistic, otherwise you will fail, and reinforce your low feelings about yourself. You might want to look at the other programs, such as the Panic Centre. It also has great information that should be very helpful to you. (The link to the Panic Centre is in the drop down list, on the home page, under the tab More Help).

Keep us posted.

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes , I am having medication from the day when I collapsed in college due to tension of exam ,due to stress.That was the time when we realised there is a bigger problem with me,in my first year. Due to my doctor I passed first year of dentistry but not attempted for next exams as I cant stand that stress.

Now I think my way of thinking was wrong from childhood , from starting. Actually I need to take cognitive theropy and pyscologist/councellers advice when I was in school. But I was getting good ranks,marks and there was no awareness among people abt psycological problems that time. So my parents ignored my behaviour. And you will be surprised tht famous psychiatrst of our city is living in front of our house , both families,mine and his have good relations since before my birth.Still no one thinks that I need a psycological help!! When I was out of control and was having nervous breakdown they take me to that psychiatrist. He helped a lot, too much. And I fall in love with him !! That was surprising as his son is of my age. But thats different type of love,I cant describe. I never wanted to marry him or such thing I just impressed too much from him . I started worshiping him in my mind. But he can helped only to a point . I was not normal . He tried too many sessions of ECT s and all . Then he recommed his senior doctor in another city. We went to him . And his medication worked. I am almost normal now. I was having some symptomps of schizophrenia too. But now only stress , more than normal people and depression somewhat is remaining. I hope I will be able to overcome it.I am on medication.

Today I visited a physician for my health problems . He want me to do some tests. I am going to do it. and start his treatment. Also I started yoga class from 2 days . And feeling better today.
Thank you ashley for your support. You are right I need to concentrate on my problems first and then think abt future.
But in our contry when a girl is young all people think and ask abt her marriage.If not done on time she dont get proposals afterwards. There is no dating or free communication between boys and girls here. Most of the girls get married at 20/21 of age and I am 28 now . People had stopped asking abt my marriage as everyone thinks as I must have some fault /problem so I am not married untill now.

But its ok, I am taking it in a positive way that I have some time to develope myself ,to improve my personality. but you know it hurts.
I am not sure whether I am ready for marriage or not.but my doctor says if everything is ok we can think abt that.

I am trying to stop my habit of drinking too much tea. I am tring that since last 3 months but not succeeded . I tried to replace it with many things but no ! I am very used to tea. Some time I have more than 10 cups of tea in a day. I tried sugarfree too lose weight but it is costly and also it has too many chemicals ,so I am using regular white sugar.

How to stop bad habits?

I am till negative thoughts of this program . and keeping ABCD thought records and activity record. But I am not regular in it.
Actually I am not regular in any thing. really . I cant. But I want to. You said start from one thing at a time.
I tried it. and failed.
But I am tried it again . I decieded to do yoga class regularly.

I am thankful to this site and u all because I think this program will help me.
Will u help to solve my probs?

mitali.

13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mitali,

It sounds like you have been worrying a lot about the future.  It also sounds like you feel the depression is really holding you back.  You have many plans for the future and you can get there but addressing the depression and taking care of your self needs to come first.  Have you talked to a doctor or therapist about your depression?  How far are you along in the program?  

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone,

Today I met with a family for marring their elder son. In our community family comes to see a girl for marriage proposal.
They ask questions in old ages such a family members used to ask girl for a walk to see wether she is healthy or not.
 Also they used to ask questions as if she knows cooking or sewing ,knitting etc. Now a days they ask whts her education,
wht she is doing etc but cooking remains the same.
In these days also a boy and girl can talk to each other in separate room. Thts the freedom families generally give in our so 
called educated,sophisticated communities.

I was there dressed up an wearing selected ornaments.They dont ask me any questions as my uncle gave all information 
related to me.Boy seems to be nice but he is not working i guess. Its very hard to find correct information as both families
are completely new to each other.
But also I am doing nearly nothing and due to this depression attack my education is incomplete,I cant complete it now as for
some genuine reasons.So I think we both can do some business together after marriage.Thts why I think it as a good proposal.

Actually I am so desperate for marriage and Psycological illnesses are taken so badly among people here that I had too many rejection till date.I cant stand anymore.
They accept me untill they know about my disease and that I have to take medications lifelong. As soon as they know abt this they say no or more bad they stop contact with us.These rejectons lower my confidance which is already low.

Dont know wht is going to happen this time !
Do U all people here face same problems? Do any one has solution?

Can any health educator guide me as to how to handle this situation? 

I cant stop involving in proposal and so got depressed and sad when rejected.

Also I putting more and more weight and sleeping whole day ,not doing any work,planning too much and doing nothing these
days.
Actually I am going back or gone back to depression I think.

I cant handle my life any more.I am forced to do my dads business which I am not doing these days by destiny,depression.
Actually I dont want to live such life.I want to be a successful dentist.I completed one year of dentistry before getting depression. And now see, wht a meanigless , boring life I am living!!
I had to compramise with each and everyting. 
And all people want me to be happy. I am becoming more and more arrogant, short tempered, alone ,lonly woman.
My age is increasing so rapidly I lost almost 10 years of my life, most of the thing s in these years I dont remember.
can u belive? That may be because of ECT or medication I dont know. But its true.
Now also I used to forget too much.
So many health problems I am facing , may be due to crash dieting I had done some around 2 years or more ago.
And today see I am heavy weitht again.

How to cope with all this?

mitali

Reading this thread: