Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Moody much?

15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva,

I'm sorry that I didn't see your posts until tonight.  I posted to you under another topic earlier so
I won't repeat here.  One thing I wanted to say is that nothing you write about or vent about would ever be disregarded, please vent as much as you need.  I, for one, will not tire of reading them.
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for your support. This is a really tough day and I can use all the help I can get to get through this I must admit. Thank you again.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. I hope everything goes as well as it can today. It is nice that you took pictures and a movie to remember him by
Let us know how you are doing, you know we're here for you

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
Hi guys,

Today is the day where I bring my cat to the vet. He is deteriorating and I do not want to let him have the time to suffer. This is so hard. I took pictures of him and a little 8 minute movie to remember him by. We go at 5pm. I am not sure how I will get through it. All I know is that it is the right thing to do. It still feels horrible though.

At least my husband has settled down from last night and has apologized. I did tell him though that I found his behavior from last night unacceptable. He did not deny it was. He stayed home today to help me through this.

Anyway, I should go. I am sure I will bew back later during my next fit. Sorry for venting so much here. I guess it just helps me process all this. Please feel free to just disregard this.

Hello Mom of 3,

Thank you for the reply. I am trying to enjoy my time with my cat and say my  goodbyes. Me and my husband have spoken often theese days and tomorrow is the day where we call the vet to make an appointment...I feel very sad but I do not want my cat to suffer anymore. And he is going downhill atm...I do not want it to get too bad for him.

Up to now, my husband had been really good about things and he was very supportive. Tonight, I do not know what kinda been is up his bonnet but he is rude and angry and keeps just being mean. At first I figured I might be at fault but now I just don't know. I was trying to help him with something and he bit my head off. He has just been like that all night. It is making me feel worse. But I am trying to give him room because I understand that this is hard on him also.Maybe this is his ackward way of dealing with this. But I am starting to feel tired of feeling like an emotional punching bag. I am sure it will get better and he will apologize. I just hope it is sooner then later.

Anyway, I had better go. I have a lot on my plate...I am tired...

Hi Diva,

I'm glad you find some comfort in my words to you.  With everything you're dealing with you really don't need to beat yourself up too.  Spend some time with your cat and enjoy him while you can. He might even be the one that gives you the answer to the problem you face right now.  He'll be happier with your attention no matter what.

Be good to yourself and you will be able to get through this.

Hello Mom of 3,

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It is of great comfort to me. And yes you are right. I am beating myself up for what I "should" be doing. For how I "should" be doing my work, I "should" be tougher, I "should" be cleaning the house... Worse part is I would not treat my friends the way I treat myself. And you are right, it will wait.

I will hang in there and get through this. Thank you again for your support it means a lot to me.
Hi Diva,

I'm glad your husband is being supportive, this will be a great help to you now and later.  Right now dishes and laundry are not going to be high priorities given the weight of this problem.  Try to decide on what is the thing that needs the most attention beyond this problem and try to accomplish that task.  If you do, then you can pat yourself on the back as being productive.  Too often when we're already down we beat ourselves up with what we "should be" doing.  Sometimes that's just not possible.  Do what you can - it will wait.

Hang in there Diva, that's all we can do sometimes.  Your situation is a tough one, but there's always something we can learn or become through a tough situation even if it's not pleasant.  I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this.

Hiya Mom of 3,

Thank you so much for your lovely reply and for your support.It really means a lot to me. This situation is tough on me. I really do love that cat a lot and seeing him go will be hard.

You are right, my husband is very helpful in this situation. He has been great.

Today has been rough. I can't get around to do anything. Laundry and dishes are piling up and work is not getting done. I couldn't eat all morning and then I couldn't stop eating all afternoon... I find I am having trouble wrapping my mind about all this as if my brain just wants to go into complete denial of the situation. So that is where I am right now.

Thank you again for your caring and support. It is very helpful to me at this moment.

And how are you doing?
Hi Diva,
I just read your posts here, after writing a reply on the overanalyzing discussion.  No wonder you wrote that my overanalyzing scheme doesn't work for you!!!  It may not under other circumstances either, but it's certainly not going to work for you right now.  You're sad, under pressure, and feeling like the spotlight is on you to make a perfect decision!
I am so sorry to read about your cat and I know you are in real pain about it.  Your cat is so lucky to have had you in his life.  I'm sure that he knows you love him and that you've done your best for him (don't decide to doubt that, because although I'm sure you're not perfect, you show yourself to be a loving and thoughtful person.)  Animals know when they are loved.  They are not like us and don't see it in a complicated way.  It's you the cat is attached to and it's for good reason, you love him and show him love.
Now that you are down to making a decision concerning your cat's life and how it will end I feel so bad for you.  I don't have any ideas on how to make such a decision. Only you will know what is best for you and your cat in this circumstance. 
It sounds like your husband is being very supportive and I would suspect that he'd be up for a little more support, talk it over with him and rely on his strength.  He's the next closest to the situation and the most likely person to be your sounding board. 
I'm here if you need to vent, and I wish I had a good answer, one that would make everything better for you and your cat.  (and here I am back to trying to fix what I cannot)  Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this.  Keep us posted on how you're doing. 

Reading this thread: