Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,784 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA, RBORBON

write!!

19 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know how to make myself well again but I just don't want to. Staying in this state is almost like revenge to others and myself. At least I am communicating with all of you here, which is far better than communicating with my own parents at the moment.
19 years ago 0 45 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Trysohard you are one intelligent person. perhaps you can put some of your insights to work for yourself. someday you might work as a psychologist :) Visionary: There seems to have been a drop-off in postings with this new site, an unfortunate occurence when the goal is to improve content and service etc. i am proud of myself as i usually remember my password. I often experience memory problems. Keep writing...try some poetry or a journal. write about your videos. perhaps you should try to break your normal cycle of behaviour. Try to do a couple of different things, once in a while. Perhaps you could incorporate some mild exercise into your day. Thanks for writing...i hope more people will respond....i am attempting to connect with people...create a bond....perhaps a community of lost desperate souls...or optimistic hopeful people. As for myself, its early morning. Will the sun break through the clouds today? bob
19 years ago 0 274 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It took me so long to get back on this site, and half the time I forget my password, and am confused about the new set up here. Anyway, I have been taken off my meds., because I had a "depressive episode last weekend, and the doctor took me off the lighter stuff, and put me on Xanax, which at first at the effect of stupifying me, and by Friday, I caught a cold, and had to stop taking them, so I could take cold medicine. Xanax was a disappointment, because I woke up around 4pm and I don't think it lasts long enough at such a low dose. Anyway, I'm on nothing now, and may take some cold medicine later tonight if I can't sleep. Now I am lying in bed all day alone again, the internet is my bosom buddy, along with old videos I keep playing over and over again, out of boredom. I window shop the internet all day long , not buying anything because we don't have the money. Some people were counting on me to be somewhere today and I couldn't make it, so today has been a low day. Alone alone alone. My husband has been at meetings all day and evening. Alone alone alone...
19 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I write a lot on this site, it does make me feel better because I'll be expecting replies. I know just about every reason why I feel the ways I do, I just got to express them, I want people to feel my pain. Seeing how much people take time to reply to my posts, I feel better, it really compensates
19 years ago 0 45 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi i think we need some more participation on this site. i have written quite a bit and i think this has helped me overcome my depression. my feeling is that to some degreee I have to take some initiative to change my life, to implement change, to experiment, to see what makes me feel better. test the waters here. try to help or support another participant. vent your feelings. ask for feedback. take care bob

Reading this thread: