Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Aniexty over Taking SSRI´s (Prozac)

13 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Juanita
A pleasure to meet you as well. I am not currently taking any meds and am trying to get through this myself, although if I dont see an improvement in the very near future I will be seeking a consultation with my Doctor.
Wether we take meds or not I think we all put on a little holiday weight anyway. What's a few pounds? We are still the same people inside, caring ,loving, and here for each other . Have to go to the store nowI Want Cashews.
Sunny 123, Hi there, 
 I'm really not sure about my cat Rocket, named after Rocket Maurice Richard of the Montreal Canadians, as he loved to play hockey (so to speak)  with pens in the kitchen. He is 12 years old and we adopted him from a neighbour down the street. Your cat must have been beautiful if it resembled mine. I just think he is the cat's meow..lol

Hi Juanita
A pleasure to meet you as well. I am not currently taking any meds and am trying to get through this myself, although if I dont see an improvement in the very near future I will be seeking a consultation with my Doctor.
Wether we take meds or not I think we all put on a little holiday weight anyway. What's a few pounds? We are still the same people inside, caring ,loving, and here for each other . Have to go to the store nowI Want Cashews.
Sunny 123, Hi there, 
 I'm really not sure about my cat Rocket, named after Rocket Maurice Richard of the Montreal Canadians, as he loved to play hockey (so to speak)  with pens in the kitchen. He is 12 years old and we adopted him from a neighbour down the street. Your cat must have been beautiful if it resembled mine. I just think he is the cat's meow..lol

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chay, Nice to meet you! You have come to a great place for anxiety and panic.
I've been on a SSRI since April...my doctor did warn me that every SSRI may have the awful side-effect of weight gain. I thought  I was one of the lucky ones..at first...cause I actually had less of an appetite...well, that changed about 4 months into it! I don't know whether  its physical or psychological but  I want to eat all the time..I wonder if it has something to do with the seratonin/pleasure chemical thingy? Thingy being a professional word! ha! Anyone know?
Sunny...cashews....yummm.... I think I have a tin left....hmmm... gotta go...see ya all later!
Its good to be back.
Juanita
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chay:  I love your cat.  I used to have one exactly like that - is that a Russian blue?

Your friend, Sunny
Oh Yeah ! That extra helping of mashed potatoes and stuffing went right to the belly!
It's the Holiday's, we all over indulge in the little goodies of the season. While I sit here overstuffed from another Turkey dinner, chocolate cake and chocolate fondue, I am thinking back to oatmeal and steamed veggies for tomorrow.
When is the next big Holiday?  lol
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi:  That was 5 lbs. in the fall before Christmas - don't dare weigh myself right now after all the treats I've been having.  As you say, worth it.  I don't usually eat like this, hors d'oeuvres, chocolate, sherry, wines, cookies, cakes, cashews, etc.  oh boy, more walking for sure.  Now, where did I put those weights?

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Only five pound? lucky you.:-)

Your friend,
Porky.

Ps. Ah but it was worth it.:-)
13 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for responding and offering some insight. I weighed myself and I have gain approximately 5lbs. Not sure if it is the meds, or the holidays.... anyway back to exercising today. Anyone else gained weight?
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi

Even my tricyclic makes me hungry so I am back to apples. Apples work as an appetite suppressant if eaten before a meal and the pectin (fibre) leaves a full feeling, besides they are good for you. Just if they are waxed peel them to get rid of the pesticide residue that the wax locks in. 

Davit.
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Queens.06,

I advise you to check with your doctor about this symptom. Keep eating healthy- some good ideas from the other members-  in the meantime.

Tiana, Health Educator

Reading this thread: