Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

lots of progress to report!

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good work, everyone, for maintaining your perspective in rough times! I am proud of each of you! I hope you continue to pat yourself on the back and share your successes with us all.

Tiana, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Juanita:  You're doing great!  I've told myself almost the exact thing - it's a choice.  Some days may be harder than others because we might not have had a good night's sleep and feel tired, or there may be a new problem at home or work (stressors) but we can choose to stay positive. I still use relaxation techniques and coping if I need them.  I may not have panic attacks any more but I have stress and anxiety every now and then.  Everybody gets that, it's called "life" haha.  Even people who don't have panic use relaxation ex., yoga, gym, walking etc. to keep mentally and physically fit. I figure we might need just a bit more.

Your friend, Sunny
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good on you Juanita, its so good you are able to recognise these feelings and cut them off, glad you have had a these sucesses

xx

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Juanita,

Thank you for posting your success stories! Continue practicing the coping skills you have learned from the program and use them in your everyday life. 

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Juanita.

Perfectly normal to doubt one self, after all how long was it there. For those who are new, notice, two different situations with the same answer. Positive over negative.  Glad you posted this. Glad also that you are handling it well.

As always, here for you,
Davit

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everone, Juanita here with a success story. As you know, hubby is away for a long time, its been almost 2 weeks now, and I've had some stressful times, but am coping very well. Yesterday I was driving across that bridge that opens and I was stuck in the traffic, over the water...well,that old dragon raised its head and started asking me "what if"...I automatically started to return to old ways(I turned the AC on, even tho its chilly)but then I caught myself, and  I  settled . All I had to think was "Oh, Juanita, you really dont need to do this) and I was better. I looked  around, even down at the water.
Ya!!
Today I went to get my haircut. That used to be a big phobia of mine also. I had went once in Nov., but today I was wondering if it would still be fine. I was questioning my new found calmness I guess.   At times it still seems foreign. The place was packed..there's a sale on....and the hairdresser pumped me up and spun me around..... I caught myself holding my breath..once again...back to my old habits...but  soon as I breathed normally it was fine, I actually had a good time(and got a good bob cut too) ha...no problem!Ya!!
I am so fortunate to have learnt the coping skills in this program. I suspect I'll use them for a long time, and thats ok.
Keep the faith!
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~m
 It is so good to know that all the pain is not staph infection lol. No wonder the antibiotics were not working. I have had a broken leg for a while.:-(  Fibula about two inches above my ankle. No wonder it was hard to get around :-)  Nice way to start the new year hey. Pain, anxiety, depression and panic all seem to go together. I guess it will relieve some stress knowing it is the lesser of two evils. Lots of time to read and study now:-) I must admit I was getting some anxiety lately.  If I can help one person to not have to go through what I have it is worth all the research and time spent with my therapist. She is becoming my teacher now since I seldom have a reason to see her, still you people come up with interesting things to ask her. And I really mean it when I say "your progress is my progress". That is what a group is for. Life has been tough but it only shows how good it is now, and it is good. I want everyone to feel good.

Here for you,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit, I am sorry you are feeling so badly right now.  Physical pain is a terrible drain on everything.   I hope it improves for you soon.  Thank you so much for all you bring to this forum.  I am so grateful for your wisdom and generosity in sharing what you know and have experienced.  I've learned so much from your posts. 
13 years ago 0 376 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you so much for celebrating with me ... and especially for understanding.  I love the way you put it Davit: Every thing was clear and good and just so right.  I can just imagine you falling off the tractor with joy   It's nice to know we CAN have such moments.  Thank you Juanita and Red for your comments and continued support as well.  It feels good to be able to share this happiness and be reminded of it a day later by reading your comments.

I'm glad Davit mentioned that he felt it and then didn't again for a year.  Today, I feel a deep sadness that I know is somehow a reaction to the happiness I felt on my birthday.  Ordinarily, I would beat myself up for ruining a really good thing... for self-sabotaging...  but I guess it is kind of a normal response? I need to be kind about it. It is disappointing but if I focus on being grateful for that moment in time and just get back to work on the sessions, do my mood tracking and all the rest that will be a way to change my usual negative response into a positive. Yes
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
~m,
Happy birthday! I'm so happy for you, that peaceful feeling sounds wonderful.
Juanita

Reading this thread: