Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,514 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

panic attack in the am´s lack of sleep makes worse..help

8 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi goldie

You know I have to ask what tests you have had to rule out a physical reason. 
Second though there is no interaction to synthroid, Ativan if you must use a benzo has too short of a half life. You will get rebound one to four hours later. It is not meant to be used more than a month. I'm not saying benzos are not good but I think and this is just my opinion that you should be on one with a longer half life. One with a 12 to 24 hour half life would allow you to work though not as well as if you didn't need it. 
There are Benzos specifically for restless leg and leg cramps although all of them work as muscle relaxants. (as nerve blockers) SNRIs (tricyclic anti depressants) do this also and help you sleep.

Just my experience and opinion.

Davit
8 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi goldie7,

I am sorry to read you are dealing with this challenging symptom. It sounds very frustrating. Numbness can be a symptom of anxiety, do you feel stressed or anxious prior to the symptom appearing? Numbness can also be caused by other health conditions as well. In order to ensure you are getting proper treatment you might want to get a second or third opinion. This is clearly effecting your well-being so I think speaking to other health care professionals may be important. If the symptom is solely related to anxiety this program can help. Once you are able to manage the anxiety you will notice this symptom comes up less. Have you had a chance to get started on the program?

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I wake up pretty much every morning w/ the numbing , weakness in my legs. It just a matter as to what degree. I take my thyroid med & ativan as soon as I get up to help thwart this off as much as possible. Depending how bad it is , this can go on for hours. I also can get restless to where I can't lay down or sit. I've tried to talk to my Dr. but she seems to think I'm good. I don't . I miss work bc of this. I can barely stand & it engulfs my mind as I"m going through this. I'm more tired & grumpy . Does anyone else go through this? What do you do to help? I can't just practice relaxation when I'm suppose to be going to work. I use to couldn't get out the door! It was the feeling of someone trying to push me out of a window. I guess I am at an improvement at least. Oh, I also have a hard time going to sleep. I don't have a deep sleep either. :(

Reading this thread: