Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Feel good movies and shows. :D

12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I like funny movies too.

One of my favorites is:

Planes Trains and Automobiles

Red/sid
12 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm a huge movie buff - that's mainly what everyone knows me for - although these days going to the cinema isn't exactly a relaxing experience...

Here's a mix of some of my fav films to watch that really cheer me up/make me laugh (old and new):
  • Roman Holiday - best Audrey Hepburn film ever!
  • Ferris Bueller's Day off - 80s classic
  • The Ghost and Mrs Muir - beautiful classic film with Rex Harrison/Gene Tierney
  • Blades of Glory - so funny!
  • Lili (Leslie Caron film),
  • A Hard Day's Night (the beatles),
  • Brief Encounter (a tearjerker, but a brilliant one)
  • Some Like it Hot - classic 
  • Hot Fuzz - double hilarious!
  • The Court Jester (danny kaye film - hilarious!)
  • Paper Moon - such a lovely film with Tatum and Ryan O'Neal
  • The Princess Bride - childhood fav
  • Singin' in the Rain - so many great moments and wonderful songs
  • Pygmalion (leslie howard)
  • anything Sherlock Holmes - esp with Basil Rathbone! classic.

I'm 24 - but its the classics that do it best - not so dark and gritty back then, lots of current films try to 'out grit' each other.
There'd be a lot more - but thats just a few for now.

Oh also - if you want a good laugh to take your mind off things - I find Dylan Moran's standup comedy dvds such as 'Monster' and 'What it is' are really great!
13 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The wedding singer - i echo that one! 

Little miss sunshine is a nice movie. Pieces of April is a movie that is hopeful about family dysfunction, heart warming.  It is worth looking for as it is abit older now.
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What a great thread idea jsquared! Keep the list coming, it is always great to have something new to watch!

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All,
Since hubby's away I get to watch what I like without any rolling eyeballs...
What not to wear
How to look good naked
Supersized versus Superskinny
Fantasy Homes by the Sea
I must watch the Big Bang Theory. Sunny, my oldest brother worked for years at the Research Council..in matter of fact he still works there in Winnipeg.  I dont watch the Bond movies, but ya, Sunny I agree..this latest guy is fab!
You get the picture! ha
 oh, and no Military Channel...ya!
Juanita

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sunny

Dances with wolves, forgot that one. Good love storey. another I like is under a Tuscan sun.

Here for you,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone:  Yes, love Big Bang Theory.  Love scientists and really smart nerds!  always have.  One of my happiest jobs was working at National Research Council.  When we had some time we could go and look at experiments.  Loved it!
Movies:  WWII movies, historical themed ones.  Dances with Wolves, the scenery was awesome.  Dr. Zhivago.  Oh and James Bond movies - what a guy! swoooooon

Sunny
13 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love TV and movies, i will watch anything (except sport) I love Big Bang as well Jsquarred i am watching it now, I love Gene Simmons Family Jewels, I love friends, and the original BH 90210, any old sitcoms, I love 80's movies, The Karate Kid, and Back to the Future are favourites, stand by me, eddie and the cruisers, oh and even thought its not 80's I love The Wedding Singer,
Thats all too many to name

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Australia, The Red Baron. 28 days. Master and Commander: the far side of the world. Pretty woman,  oh lots, a few of the arthur era. paschendale. No comedy, it is not funny more than once. No sex and violence movies. If I can't watch it over and over it isn't worth it for relaxation.

Davit

13 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone. I usually like to relax and unwind with a feel good movie or tv show. I recently watched the movie "A Good Year" and watch the show "The Big Bang Theory" often to relax and unwind. I thought this would be a good topic to bring up because maybe people don't do it often or just need a refresher on some good shows or movies to watch. What are everyone's favorites to watch?

Stay Positive,
-jSquared

Reading this thread: