Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Why does this site give me more anxiety?

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, Take things one step at a time. Don't rush into things and take little steps, try not to get overwhelmed. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I can completely agree with you. I actually quit reading all the emails coming to me where I had posted. When you read how other people are feeling, you just wonder if that will happen to you. It's hard to keep that seperate from YOURSELF. My husband absolutely hates it that I keep getting on this computer and looking up things. I have to say, I felt better when I was away for those 5 days or so. I just seem to keep getting drawn back to about 3 different websites. I have done this program but it is not helping. I feel I'm having more of a depression state now, which I never would have admitted. Actually, I can't really say I am depressed just that the things I use to enjoy aren't that exciting to me anymore. That makes me very sad. I think getting online makes things that much worse. I just wish there was a quick fix!
16 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know what you are saying , half of me is saying stop this is making you worse . Then the other half is feels relief that im not alone .
16 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Statichorse, You sound like me when I first started. I just wanted to leave my country and go somewhere where no one knew me so i could be free, do my own thing, not have to be invited anywhere etc. and at times I still do feel that way but this program does help...it'll take time but it'll help. i don't feel half as hopeless as i first did :)
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Statichorse, Use this program to challenge those anxious thoughts. If you haven't already start working through the program. The second session is about challenging your anxious thoughts and will help you with this way of thinking. Take what you need from the boards. If they do in fact contribute to your anxious thinking, just use the program until you are ready to come back. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel like reading all of this stuff about anxiety, is fueling my fears of anxiety. It's describing what I'm afraid I'm going to feel and I know I'm going to feel and I don't want to feel. The anxiety makes me dread going to my shrink,or doing anything that makes me feel more anxiety, or the panicky feeling like I'm trying to push everything away and I have to get away. I think I'm being watched and everyone knows I'm worried and afraid. It really is driving me insane. I fantasize about just taking off and running away from everyone dissapearing forever.

Reading this thread: