Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,540 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Wanted to take some steps but.........

15 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey,

I can<t write too long as I am exhausted and feel as my head will explode. But I did want to say that I have had similar experiences while trying to get help. I do want to say though that with persistence I did manage to get some. also, I found this site to be a Godsend! So please persist and get help it is so worth it. Mostly, continue taking steps for yourself! Please keep us posted!
15 years ago 0 466 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations canscrapbook!  Having one day where things go as well as they did just go to show you CAN do it!  And another congrats for working the feelings out yesterday!

I bet your sister is probably just "testing the waters", to see if you might be ready for work.  Remember no rush though, you'll be ready when your ready.  And about feeling freaked out about feeling good, I know that feeling all too well.  Feels almost like that good feeling may be temporary?  Once you begin accepting the good feeling as just that, a good feeling...things get better and better.  Nothing is a short process though, you'll get better with each sunshine and rain pour...aaaaaaa I'm so happy it's raining where I'm at.  I haven't seen rain in so long!!

Dee:  I'm surprised, Michael Moore made this big film about the Healthcare Industry, and England was waaay up there!  I guess every health care environment has it's ups and downs.

Gene:  Thanks, man!  And like Dee said, you got some words of wisdom that make me contemplate greener fields as well!  The whole enlightenment you got from overcoming driving, sums up everything I've learned with anxiety...in better words then I've come up with!  All about how one connects feelings with situations.  Severe that connection, and you can enjoy the situation, and deal with the anxiety later.  Aaah, I already know this weekend is gonna be a great one, and I don't even know what I'm doing.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear that you were able to do your own thing today, and that you were able to have a good time peeling wallpaper!
Keep us posted, and enjoy your weekend

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I thought I would post here and say I didn't worry about calling anybody today. LOL
I just did my own thing.  Today I finaly started peeling wallpaper off the walls in our bedroom, something I have wanted to do for 4 years!  I didn't worry about who I should try to call for more advice, worry about finding a doctor etc! 
It was funny when my sister asked me today if I was now ready to go to work LOL I thought to myself you only came to me early last week about my problem, it doesn't heal over night.  But she did take the time to ask how I was feeling and kinda what I go through, so that was nice.
She sences that I have anger built up! um gee you think.  :)
Sure I would love to go shopping etc.
Well my children just came down wondering why I'm not up there scrapping more wallpaper, we are having fun together and that is FUN !
I will post again when I have found a doctor:)
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cough cough !! Your doing so bad yourself Gene with the advice .

15 years ago 0 187 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think Joe has made yet another profound statement. Recovering from panic is really full of ups and downs. I guess I don't accept this sometimes. It will never be a linear process. There were times when I thought that I had completely conquered a fear only to later experience it again. But I can tell you that eventually it does get better.
Driving used to be a big one for me. But I rarely feel any anxiety while driving anymore. I have challenged my anxiety over driving and I have realised that I am not afraid of driving at all. I am only afraid on panicing while driving. That distinction sounds small but it is in fact huge. I had associated driving with panic attacks. Once you begin to accept the symptoms of panic and you challenge the thoughts during PAs the phobias that accompany panic disorder begin to dissolve. That is different from when you have a "normal" phobia. It also means that sometimes you will feel fine and other times you will panic while doing the same activity. This can be very confusing at first and I have felt very dispondant when I panic doing something that I believed I had conquered. But if you stick at it eventually you don't even think about it and the anxiety does go away.

To echo everybody else. Please post here. We will listen.    
15 years ago 0 778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello CSB . Well i am sorry to hear about your experience . It is very disheartening when things like this happen . I have done myself , when you are finally brave enough to admit your problems actually beating you and your deperate for help . I was promised to see a phycholagist (sp) after going to my doctors too much . That was months ago !! If or when they do call i will have something to say , the top one is that thanks but no thanks now . Thanks to a great online programme im doing better no thanks to our system here . It does rattle my cage and i can see why people slip through the net .

Things will get better leaving the house , i was pretty housebound earlier this year myself . Small steps is all it takes . You already ready know all about the good and bad days , i finally accepted them and now things arnt so black . I ust say ok this is a bad day and accept it . Wow it was that easy , instead of worrying myself to death .

All the best to you and please come here , its the one place you can rely on
Yes, I will try that next time!  Thank-you :)
I guess I challenged it a bit yesterday when I felt I was getting worked up having to pick up ny niece.  I just started doing some stretches and working those feelings out!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
canscrapbook,

Next time you are out, try and challenge your negative thoughts. Instead of worrying about feeling good, enjoy the feeling. Take a few minutes while you are out to take pleasure in the positive feelings that you feel, and challenge any negativity that you feel.

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
I guess you would have to have a sence of humor and be able to laugh.  Sometimes I can get very angry with myself a lash out on my loved ones because I get so frustrated that I can't do things.
Like Christmas is coming and I want to have a job to spend money on my kids, however I don't yet have the confidence to do it yet.  I have been semi house bound for over a year.  I hope it does not take that long to break this now!
I think what sometimes scares me as well, is if I am having a good day and I am out, I start freaking out about feeling good!  That is the frustrating thing.

Reading this thread: