Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,786 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Xanax not working?

18 years ago 0 110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alison. Disneyland will be great fun! You know, sometimes being completely taken out of your regular environment, in fact, of your regular life, can actually give you a break from anxiety. I hope this happens to you and I wish you great fun! Oh, and good luck with the Xanax. I'm also not a fan of pills, but if you need them just this once for a short time in order to fully enjoy your vacation, don'T worry about it and go for it. Have a great trip!
18 years ago 0 189 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We are going to DisneyWorld for the week, I used to travel tons before I got married, had kids immediately and lost my mind! :) I know between flying and the rides I am going to HAVE to go on I am going to have some fair to serious heart palpitations and who knows what else. And in turn I know this will get me very panicky. So my family doctor and Dr.W said it was really important to take Xanax as a short term measure. The same reason I gave birth completely naturally and why I haven't taken any drugs for anxiety is not out of bravery but - you guessed it- fear. So it was suggested that I take the Xanax for this short time and also to get over the fear of taking a drug itself (does this make any sense? ) :blush: So I finally took a xanax, (which is pretty huge for me because I haven't even ever taken cold medication) and I pretty much felt nothing. And apparently xanax is something you should feel within an hour. So I called the pharamacist and he said it was a very low dose. So now I've gone to a 'no drug policy' to experiementing with dosages of Xanax! Who knew- I must be getting better ;) Well, I am excited but of course very nervous. I always meant to ask you something, you posted once a long time ago that you were or thinking about changing jobs and I was just wondering whatever happened? Good to hear from you! Take care :)
Hello, it's 9:50, are you still around? This is really getting annoying how I keep missing you! ;)
18 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alison. A trip, how exciting! I so, so miss the days when I would get all fluttery and excited inside while waiting to go on a trip somewhere I had never been before - fluttery in that good way. Now of course - I'm just a bundle of anxieties. I'm sure someday I will get back that freedom to travel. Where are you going? I hope for your sake it's a nice long trip, but for my sake I hope it's a short one! I'll miss your posts! Wow, so you took the Xanax! I think that's a good decision, to prepare for the stress of the trip and help you to just relax and enjoy yourself. I don't know much about meds, but I do know my doctor told me that if I were to go on them, they can very commonly take several weeks to really kick in, so you may not notice much at first. Let me know how the trip goes! And just enjoy yourself! Caitlin
18 years ago 0 444 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Allison, I took Xanax for a short time a few years ago, it made me feel tired and a little more relaxed but wore off quickly, what helped me is lorazapam {ativan} it was better than Xanax I thought it really cut way down on the anxiety and lasted longer. I take Klonopin now but I have been on it so long I feel its not really working as well. I had a bad morning but trying to hold on, no full-blown attacks just a constant bad anxiety, real nervous, something happened I was going to post later about. Please let me know how you are. God bless, Debbie.
I am going on a trip next week that involves flying and doing a lot of things I wouldn't normally be doing. My therapist strongly suggested I take a xanax at home so I know how I feel before using it for the first time out of my comfort zone. So I've took one last night and hardly noticed a difference if any. Just wondering if anyone has experience almost no effect from Xanax?

Reading this thread: