Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

really struggling.....

12 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi wrestler
thanks for the insight into your experiences with panic attacks. its cruel when you think your making progress
and suddenly your back to the beginning,thats what happened with me.
i hope your benefiting from the program as much as i am.i cannot wait for the day that i wake up and all my anxiety
is gone. cheers for posting.

ruadhan

12 years ago 0 195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ruadhan,

Welcome to the group. This has been a great place to come and vent and share experiences with others.

I understand where you're coming from with panic. Been having it a lot the last few weeks.
I too started to recognize that I had panic disorder in my teens. I'm now 44, and have lived a pretty normal life, except for those times when the panic and/or anxiety and depression try to take that away. It'll seem to me for a while that I do not have a problem with panic, anxiety and depression, and then it'll tap me on the shoulder and remind me.
I go through periods where OCD also throws me into a vicious cycle, and sometimes that's where the panic starts.

I've tried various things like yoga and exercize all the time. They work great to help cope. I also have used natural supplement methods as well as meds like valium and elavil. Most of them play a part in my good health.

Just wanted to give you some background so that you know where I am coming from.

I hope the group is of great help to you.

David
thanks guys for the welcome its much appreciated, im glad to be here with you all, just to answer davits question on my medication, i was first given lustral 6 years ago and i was on 100mg per day, 4 years ago that was reduced to 50mg per day as there was improvement for me, 3 years ago that was then reduced again to 50mg every 2nd day but a few weeks ago i got them (panic attacks) realy bad again and decided to go to a different doctor and she decided to put me back up to 100mg per day for the next month as she thought 50mg every 2nd day was much to low to give me any relief. so here i am back on 100mg per day and none the better. im sure this site could be the way for me as i always wanted to
interact with fellow sufferers to i guess show myself that im not the only one who has this.

ruadhan

12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Good morning Ruadhan:  Welcome to the program and support group..I am glad you have decided to join us here..Work on the program at your own pace and take it slowly..You will begin to see improvements before you know it..There have been times when I didn't even know I was getting better and then I realized I was doing things with ease that I had never been able to do before...Take your time with it and be gentle with yourself like Sunny said and it will all come together for you..

Sid

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Ruadhan:  WELCOME to the site.  This CBT porogram is perfect for helping you with the fears you are experiencing.  Research has shown it to be one of the best.  Hope you are studying it and doing the homework too.  Be patient and gentle with yourself.  As you study the sessions more pieces of the puzzle will be exposed and you will start understanding yourself better.  Keep the faith and believe.  Keep posting, it helps.

Sunny
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi ruadhan.

Welcome to the site if I have not welcomed you before. 
You don't mention how long you have been on medication. SSRIs take six weeks to reach maximum effect. They also don't cure anything, they only block it. If after six weeks you don't get relief you may need to add an anti anxiety or change to a mood stabilizer. That is neither here nor there since the only proven cure for Panic is CBT. But the meds can make it easier to do. The program here is very good and the success rate very good.

Davit
12 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ruad,

Welcome and thanks for introducing yourself. The panic program has been followed and observed by many members.  They can tell you how it has helped and improved their thinking and way of life.  Please do take a copy of the anxiety test to your doctor as well.  This can help you better asses the situation.

Take a look through the program and begin slowly, the knowledge is amazing and the support even better!

Josie, Health Educator
hi everyone, my name is ruadhan and signed up last week, its a fantastic community you have here and i hope
i can be part of it.im 28 and have had panic attacks since i was 14. my life has really been put on hold because
of it. i keep thinking im goin to die and the feelings are really bad when im in bed, i get tingling sensations at
the back of my head,nausea and dizziness, it got really bad one night lastweek, i woke up at 6am
ina real panic that i had to get out so i quickly got dressed and jumped in the car and just drove around town.
im on medication for it, 50mg of lustral per day which is noe been increased to 100mg per day
i just wish i could lead a normal full life but these negative thougts wont go away
thank you in advance for reading

ruadhan

Reading this thread: