Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Can´t I just chock this all up to hormones and get some help?

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Stewed,

A great way to track patterns in your panic and anxiety is to use the worksheets provided in the program or the symptom tracker. You can always read through the sessions of the program to re-familiarize yourself with the panic cycle. Keep working through the program, it has helped many other members to improve their panic. Continue to strive forward and post your questions.

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi stewed,

Good to see you again. I have some post menopausal friends that are using the same mood stabilizer as I was. (just coincidence) They say it helps.

Sounds like you need a different GP for a second opinion. When it comes to anxiety and panic, not every thing is in the book. I get panic from most Antibiotics even though it is a rare side effect.

Davit.

13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stewed

If you have all the physical concerns covered, then that helps.

My blood pressure was unchecked for years, and that didn't help emotionally.  Also, my weight had to stabalize by having 5 instead of 3 meals, and that helps me feel more at ease by choosing food by reducing my glycemic index through healthier eating.

There's something to  be grasped, which Dr F(the resident expert at the toolbar describes in his Jan 2011 column where he fields questions.  There he explains our two anxiety and panic systems.  We can't resist those, since they're part of our survival.
13 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I admit that I have low self esteem and that I suffer from depression.  I also admit that I have been suffering from panic attacks and crippling anxiety for years now.  BUT, I also see a pattern that is becoming increasingly clear as I age.  It seems to me that there is this hormonal side to my anxiety levels.  I believe in the whole 'mind over matter' concept of anxiety, but can it be possible that sometimes matter (my body and its hormones) is in the driver's seat and my mind is at the mercy of whatever chemical soup is cooking up in there?

I have a gp that doesn't see this.  I am being sent to talk therapy again.  I want  help.  I don't want to talk.  I want to get rid of this feeling that is always hovering if not downright attacking.

Reading this thread: