Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,531 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Blank / stuck brain

13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
V,
Fortune 500 companies spend a lot of research knowing which "triggers" to get us to behave in ways to help their bottom lines...
13 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi justducky,

What you are feeling sounds like it could be a side effect of the medication you are on.  Have you seen your health care practitioner recently about this?  Even though it has been 2 months since switching up the dose, I suggest you let your doctor know about what your experiencing.

Hugs4U:  you raise a good point regarding the pace of everyday life!  Too often we go through the motions without checking in with ourselves and our internal needs.

Vincenza, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
JD,
I can't comment on meds use.

When my life was going so fast, I knew something wrong.  A man who writes about the need for rest stops during our days, talked about a story of a group of travellers who caused their native tour guides to walk too fast.

The tour guides finally just sat down, and stated that their souls had to catch up to their bodies.

Pace is critical to our everyday activities.  Our society tells us to be active, but there is an optimum point which we pass, and then things go awry.

Only you can tell if you've been in overdrive too long.  The other extreme is if you have too much exposure to too many of your triggers without coping successfully.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ducky,

Sounds like fear of fear. That blank feeling any way. The over analysing may be related. Do I feel that way? Not any more, but I used to, I still get close but seldom cross over into that state and when I do it is mild enough that it doesn't qualify.

I'd say you are scared to let your guard down or panic will rush in, but it already has and although it is annoying you it is not going to kill you. So just let it happen and get it over with and use the opportunity to build something positive on the experience. You might find that it is actually less painful than what you are feeling right now. It is also a good time to work on your relaxation and coping skills. 

It could be the change of medication, but it doesn't sound like it unless what you have reduced was a benzo in which case it should have shown up sooner, but maybe not. 

Actually your brain is functioning, just a little too well, blocking what you don't know for sure you should be afraid of. It won't stop this till you look at what is triggering it and realize it is harmless. Even if it doesn't feel harmless, it is. If that doesn't work then you need to take an anti anxiety to clear the slate so you can start over again. This is what Ativan was meant for.
Short term use to clear the fog so you can think straight. I don't like the drug because of its possibility of abuse but it does work if used right. I won't use it, but I will use its older cousin Valium.

Here for you,
Davit.
13 years ago 0 66 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This has been such an up and down week.  I don't know if I'm coming or going.  The best way to describe how I feel right now is that my brain feels stuck - like I can only think one way (think one thing).  I feel like I'm kind of frozen, stuck inside myself.  I'm not sure what brought this on.  Wondering if it could be my reduction in medication and increase in another medication, but I did do that 2 months ago.  I went to see a hypnotherapist today and I couldn't even let myself fully relax.  I was analyzing everything he was saying even during the hypnotherapy.  Sitting here right now, the best way to describe how I'm feeling is like theres not a thought in my head... like i'm pausing waiting for something.  The way my brain is functioning or not functioning is scarying me.  Does anyone ever feel this way?

ducky

Reading this thread: